modifying 'create an account' link

Hi,

Have created a registration page to which Membership directs new signups: http://writeisland.com/membership-registration. Problem is that the 'create an account' link in the dropdown Our Community panel points to http://writeisland.com/register/

Have got as far as looking at buddy press-panel.php and finding the ref to BP_REGISTER_SLUG in line 24; but I don't understand how to modify in order for it to point to the the new registration page.

Help!

By the way - spent hours today trying to figure out why my site would not allow users to create their own blogs, before finding this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/studio-theme-bug-in-custom-blogs-slug. On doing the suggestion, it fixed the problem. Is the dev going to update the theme?

Cheers
Paul

• pxjenkins

Hi PC,

Finally solved this - as a workaround at least - by

a) deleting BuddyPress registration page
    b) deleting Membership registration page
    c) recreating Membership registration page
    d) plus the create new blogs theme fix detailed in last para of my first post

so now, I get error message that 'The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Register': but I am NOT doing the Repair since I discovered that simply broke the registration process again!

Is this a theme issue of some kind? Or a conflict between Membership and BuddyPress 1.7? Deeply puzzling. You are v welcome to go into back end of site as a superadmin using the login I emailed to check it over, and also to register a new user to see how that goes your end. Would appreciate you doing that if you have the time, since new user control/signup/access and new blog creation by users are fundamental to the site I'm building..

Cheers!
    Paul

• PC

Hello Paul,

Thanks for posting back.

I checked the settings and everything looks fine to me.

The user registers
    Logs In
    Can visit the site tracking page and create a site from there.

The other things you can do to make it easier is that do not assign a subscription by default with user signup so that you can redirect the users to a page of your choice after registration.

I have a question though. If you just want to use the membership plugin to restrict blog creation for registered members, why don't you simply use Pro Sites ?

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• pxjenkins

Hi PC,

Thanks a lot for your reply, and sorry for the delay in response on my part.

Thanks for suggestion re Pro Sites; I'm using Membership at this stage in order to leave the option open for courses etc down the line, and to test it.

I have noticed one flaw, though - it seems that neither the popup registration window nor the old version of the registration page contains advice to use at least 4 characters in username, etc or the registration will fail. The asterixs are visible but not the advice to which they refer. Please try registering a test user on the site with three characters in username and you'll see what I mean. I've had several new signups complain about this...

Cheers,
    Paul

• PC

Hey Paul.

Thanks for posting back.

The asterixs are visible but not the advice to which they refer. Please try registering a test user on the site with three characters in username and you'll see what I mean. I've had several new signups complain about this...

I just tried to register an account with 3 characters in the username and it works fine for me.

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.