Modifying the Look of Blog Posts on Individual Blog Post Pages

Greetings,

I am trying to modify the look of the blog posts on individual blog post pages. For instance, I want to drop the name of the author, and move the date to the bottom.

When I use the "add post" draggable widget there is a gear that allows me to do what I want to do, but then I found that this is for installing a specific post to page and puts that same post on every page instead updating with the correct post on each different page. How do I access this menu in the auto-updating area of the blog post page?

Thanks!

• Heath

Predrag,

Right. Thank you. I found that menu on the "posts" draggable widget. It is not present (for me) on the post window that WordPress must be automatically generating (see the second screenshot I took). When I found the "posts" item in Upfront, I thought that it was what I was looking for, but it appears to be something through which I can specify a certain individual post I would like on a page. What I need is for each post that is published on the site to conform to the same look.

I may not be explaining it well, but the "posts" widget looks like to me it embeds an individual post in a page. I need a way to tell it, "Every time a post is published make it look like this."

Does that make any sense?
    Thanks,
    Heath

• Heath

Okay, so it seems that I need to remove the "post window" that WordPress Automatically sets up since Upfront can't customize it. Then add the "post" widget and set it to "Generic" so that it loads the appropriate post from the page. Is that on the right track?

EDIT -
    That is still not working. I had the post on the page twice and when I went to delete the original one produced by workers, Upfront does not give me the red x option to delete it or another way to delete it as far as I can tell. And setting to "Generic" did not actually work either. It just put the same embedded post on each page. So I have the same embedded post at the top of each page add through the Upfront "post" widget and then the Upfront-unstylable correct post that was added by Wordpress.

I must not have the hang of something...

• Heath

So, I took down the under construction page of the site so you could have a look at this page for a moment.

Here is the first blog post: http://www.rainnstudios.com/hello-world/

Here is the second blog post: http://www.rainnstudios.com/war-of-kings-retrospective/

The top post on both of those pages comes from the "Posts" Upfront element. It is getting close to being styled the way that I want it, but as you can see, it is the same post on both pages. That element does not seem to be updating with the correct post for the page. It is just a static embed of a post. There is second post on each of those pages as the bottom, which is the post that should be on the page, but that is not in a Upfront Posts element. It is just what was on the page when I published the post. When I click on the green gear it has, I don't have any options to style it with Upfront, as per the screenshot above.

If I could get the UpFront post element up be the correct post in each page, I would just delete the post at the bottom, but Upfront does not provide me with a red x to delete it. That is what makes me think that must be a integral part of wordPress.

How to I create a styled blog post with UpFront that automatically styles the blog post correctly when it publishes?

Thank you so much!
    Heath

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Heath,

I'm sorry but I must admit that I'm a bit lost now about the setup you want to accomplish.
    Are you trying to have multiple blog pages that will show different posts but they will all have same look that you set for the first one?

If this is the case than you can use custom taxonomy option and add your posts to different categories or add different tags and then filter the posts by that taxonomy.
    After this you can edit the style of default posts look and all post lists you add will have the same look. See screenshot attached below.

In this case you will not able to change the look of each individual post in list.

Please let me know if I'm on right track here.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Heath

Predrag,

I was just trying to style the look of the blog posts on the site. I found there is are no options to change up the parts of the post when I click the green gear icon in Upfront. See the attached screenshot. So, rather than being able to make the adjustments to the style of the post in Upfront, it seems like I have to go into the code to change up the look of posts.

For instance, on this page (http://www.rainnstudios.com/hello-world/) I'd like to be able to move the date to the bottom of the posts. But I don't have an option to do that, as shown in the screenshot. It looks like I am going to have to find the code to make that change.

Thanks,
    Heath

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Heath,

We are aware there are lack of options for single post and this part is currently being reworked to add additional options and enable changes from Upfront editor.

If you go with the theme file changes they will be overwritten when the update is released so you will need to make those changes again.

For now you can try using this CSS code to move date below content:

.upfront-output-wrapper.upfront-postpart-wrapper.c4.clr {
        position: absolute;
        bottom: 20px;
    }

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.