Modules content are not visible in Coursepress

I have a website in Hebrew with CoursePress Pro installed. My course modules content is not visible while in edit mode.

  • Huberson
    • Recruit

    The issue appears to be with some characters in the modules text that mess up with the content rendering. I have requested some more information about that from developer. I will wait to get a response and provide you with any update accordingly.


  • Panos
    • SLS

    Hi there Aviram ,

    In the meanwhile could you check if this happens only for modules? Could you try adding the same text in a test post and check if you have the same issue?

    It mostly seems to be related with posts table collation that's why I'm asking this quick test. Coursepress outputs module content using WP code:

    do_shortcode( apply_filters( 'the_content', $content ) )

    so it shouldn't interfere with the content.

    If the same happens in your test post, you can check via phpMyAdmin the collation of the yourprefix_posts table and try setting it to utf8mb4_unicode_ci

    If this happens only for modules we would need to have a closer look. Could you please send in ftp and admin access?
    You can send that privately through our contact form:

    Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

    - Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

    - FTP credentials
    (and port if required)

    - link back to this thread for reference


  • Panos
    • SLS

    Hi Aviram ,

    Thanks for sending this in. It seems it is related to Site Language, which cause a js error. When I change it to English the units load.

    I have informed developer and he will be looking into this shortly. Until then, I would recommend to install plugin:

    This plugin allows to have different languages for admin panel per user. So when an instructor needs to add/edit units/modules he can switch his admin language to English.


  • Aviram
    • New Recruit

    Ok thanks for you answer.

    Even after the plugin is installed & active, I can't change the site's dashboard language. It just doesn't work.
    Anyway the plugin is there.

    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We need it pretty urgently.


  • Panos
    • SLS

    Thanks for testing that Aviram!

    This makes me think it might be some translations from the .po files. I downloaded
    and opened it with poedit and I got these errors:

    So I went ahead and corrected them, then I renamed original ones to

    so you can keep the previous files, and uploaded the ones I corrected.

    It now seems that the modules are loading.

    Please check the back-end and also the front end to see if any translation is missing.


Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.