monthly member receives protected content message

When i am logged in as a monthly user and click on the products more info tab or image, I receive the message "Protected Content"

I have tested the access levels positive rules over and over and cannot see why this protection occurs. The monthly member should be able to get to the full product page with the download link rather than receive the protected content message

The monthly member did use a 100% discount coupon, but i dont think that should create the problem.

I have marketpress pages and pages in the positive rules to cover all products.

Any solutions welcome :slight_smile:

Glenn

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @glenn

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you send me some login details so that I can check some settings please?

To send details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (membershim admin login and user of that level login) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash, yes i downloaded s2members and tried it to compare, then deleted it. Maybe I did not delete all of it as I saw it in my cpanel yesterday.

First is my main login yes

I do not know why first is a member, but when i did a test and removed first as a member to sort a problem, i locked myself out of the login through removing first from membership, so had to ask cpanel host to get me back in. They did ask for the membership plugin name to get me back in.

Glenn

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @glenn

Your S2Member plugin did some action on the user role I think, and Membership Plugin is conflicting with those roles. This is the problem of using two 'role and capabilities' related plugin in live site :s

I am really confused about the issue, honestly. Of course the best solution will be remaking the site, but that will cost a lot of time, I know.

Before that, would I ask your for your cpanel info, or just phpmyadmin login info, so that I can try something?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

BTW Ash, I only added S2Member as an after-thought and comparison to see if it had features I could not get to work with Membership premium, so I originally built the site with Membership Premium and not S2Members

Glenn

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

OK I sent you details to login Ash with descriptions of what requires trash-binning in the plugins folder

I know when I had conflicts with S2Members, shortcodes ultimate plugin was conflicting with the paypal page until I removed it, so I noticed shortcodes ultimate and s2members are still in my cp folder even though I removed the plugin under admin.

Thanks again for help

Glenn

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

Update

Hi Ash
    I have since deleted S2members files in cpanel along with extra plugins in admin and cpanel that i dont use.

Still have same problem of protected content for monthly member, therefore will leave you to see what you can do in the cpanel to solve the issue

Thanks

Glenn

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @glenn

I checked a lot, even I reset user role from the database but didn't make it working. Somehow S2Member still has some rules set in the database I think. Also, your htaccess is clean I think.

Would it be possible for you to create a demo setup with a fresh install of WP, MarketPress and Membership?

Cheers
    Ash

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash, thankyou

yes I removed the S2Member stuff from .htaccess.

as a last resort I will move this site to a subdomain so I can copy the info, and begin anew, otherwise will never get it off the ground.

I also checked everywhere to remove s2member in cpanel, must infect everything.

Can a developer take a look and see what is wrong first? so time consuming uploading products again

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

cleaned out 2 more s2member files the webhost alerted me to, and cleared out some woo-commerce files I downloaded before I bought WPMU-DEV

have deactivated plugins one by one on advice of host to see if any are causing the problem.

still no luck, don't even get the images now, just the direct protected content message.

have done a database search for s2member files, found nothing now.

it is odd. might trash the site unfortunately and start again with one product and just test it.

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash, at 3pm Sydney time, I noticed monthly member was fixed, not six monthly.
    however, testing again it went back to protected mode.

Maybe Eugene is working on it as I type.

I will wait another day and see. Keep me updated

Thanks

Glenn

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

Hi again Ash

i am going through threads of other members with similar issues, and one thread Vaughan explains there is a bug with positive rules and therefore prefers to use negative rules.

I have to go out for a few hours, but will change over all my access levels to negative rules later tonight to see if that solves the problem.

will let you know how I go.

BTW, here is the post

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/positive-rules-are-not-working-correctly

Glenn

• glenn
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

The issue has been resolved thanks to Peter and Vaughans thread above.

I left note in that thread I think all staff should be notified of this positive rules bug to save everyone time and frustration and money.

Maybe the develpers could remove positive rules from the Plugin

Simply changing to negative rules solved the issue so I dont have to consider rebuilding the site.

Thanks again for your help anyway Ash

Glenn

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I am really happy that you saw it fixed :slight_smile:

Just to let you know, negative rules is your checked page will not be shown for the corresponding level. As I just saw you set cart and order status as negative rules, so those pages should not be viewable for the Monthly members. But I can see these pages as monthly members:

http://www.1stbookstop.com/store/shopping-cart
    http://www.1stbookstop.com/store/order-status

Would you please confirm?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.