More a comment then a question… Concerning Simple Site Map "USAGE" tutorial

Hi guys I just wanted to make a suggestion in clarifying the tutorial for Simple Site Map

The tutorial says…

“You can check that your sitemaps have been created by going to: blog.domain.tld/sitemap.xml”

But that is presumptuous that you have installed you MU install as a sub-domain install. I tried that a few times and it wasn’t working until I realized, since I’m using sub-directories and not sub-domains, that my path would be… domain.tld/blog/sitemap.xml instead of blog.domain.tld/sitemap.xml and I also realized that is you’re using sub-directories it works just as fine to just use domain.tld/sitemap.xml <<< Without the /blog/ and you can verify that way.

Anyway not really an issue I have I have the sitemap working perfectly after slowing down and looking @ what I was doing and seeing that it could not possibly be that way. BUT my point of writing this is that I presume that some people are just giving up, because they are following the instructions literally and if they have there MU install as a sub-directory install the directions will be misleading. Anyway that’s it, just wanted to drop this note… Hope it helps!

Thanks for all the great work, you do guys, best…

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings SRCenter,

Thank you for your feedback and perspective.

Actually I confirm your concerns and see it a little worse then you described.

blog.domain.tld/sitemap.xml

Tells me blog.domain.mydomain.com etc. In other words following it literally I would be adding the TLD after blog.domain. and this is certainly bad news and not workable.

I will see about getting this fixed asap and thanks again for pointing out this significant detail.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.