More detail on Change Log from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 regarding BuddyPress

First, this plugin has proved invaluable.

However, since the BuddyPress additions in 1.0.4, I’ve experienced what I feel is unexpected behavior. I had become accustomed to the behavior in

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-mpo-activity-filter/

but it hasn’t been updated.

In upgrading to 1.0.4, I ended up commenting out the BP addition because Private site activity was not showing in the Activity streams as it does with BPMPO.

Individual blog members being able to see their blog activity when other network members cannot is a highly desirable feature for a private network.

Do the changes in 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 mirror the functionality the BP MPO Activity Filter provided now?

If not, it would be great if it could.

It would also be very helpful if we could get a bit more detail on the BP improvements to this excellent Multisite privacy plugin.

Thank you.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

We fixed the display of private blogs in the activity stream which was reported by a few users as a bug. I.e., despite users marking their blogs as private they were still in the activity stream which made the privacy option virtually useless.

That’s what the fixes in the changelog represent.

Hope that’s clearer for ya.

Cheers,

Phil

• dxbjackf
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the quick response and the explanation, Phil.

So the plugin is ideal for public facing networks/businesses that don’t rely on private site user interaction in the activity stream.

In that case, it sounds like there’s no option to show private blogs in the Activity streams to only those users who are members of a private blog.

This would be a killer feature especially for private networks. It’s an incredibly powerful community building opportunity. I would imagine this is a requested feature on Edublogs or school sites.

Is Incsub considering or working on this?

Is it achievable with a combination of Incsub plugins?

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.