More fields on appointment forms

Hi!
I´m using appointments+ for tennis booking.
On tennis, players can be 2 or 4 people.
So i need to add a field on form to know the other people in the court.
Can I do that?
I would like a field to add the name of the other 4 players and if they are members or not (i mean a dropdown option to select "member" or "not member")
Really thanks!
(i do not need payments for this at the moment :slight_smile:

• Alexander

Hi @doble,

I'm sorry, this isn't available with Appointments+ You are unable to add custom fields, and the only fields available are "Name, Email, Phone, Address, City, Note"

However, this has been asked about many times before, and may be considered for adding into a future release. I'll move this to the feature requests section for you.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• pxwm

Hi,

With the current version you can't add custom fields though I understand this may be delivered in a future release

However as a temporary fix if you are not already using the 'Note' field you could use this.

To activate go to the A+ settings and select the 'General' tab and scroll down to the 'Require these from the client:' field and check the 'Note' box.

Also if you are not using all the fields you could change the name of an existing field using the relevant shortcode.

e.g. If you weren't using say the 'City' field you could change the name to say ' Players names'

You would do this by adding the following shortcode in the 'Make An Appointment' page.

[app_confirmation city="Players names"]

I suggest you would then have to add a note on the page with instructions how to complete the form.

Hope this helps as an interim

Regards
    SteveB

• Alexander

Hey @doble,

It's all in appointments.php But Appointements+ doesn't use custom post types, and adding this feature is going to require alot of custom development. You have to go through the appointments signup functions and add the fields, then add those fields to the validation that is done when it's submitted.

That website you're referring to looks like it just creates custom post types for you and allows you to setup new content without code. We actually have a plugin for this called CustomPress that you can find here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress/

I believe Steve has already presented the best available workaround here.

• doble

Hi!
    Finally I´m using "notes" method :slight_smile:
    But now, I have 2 problems:

1. If there are more than one appointment, the fields "telephone and city" are rewritted > can i delete it for each appointment or something?

2. I can´t find the field "notes" on "admin//appointments" > where can I find it, and where can I change the "field name notes" on appointments/appointments.php?

Really Thanks!
    I hope Appointments+ will have custom fields on a future version... Thanks!!

• pxwm

Hi,

I'll try and answer your questions in order:-

1. If there are more than one appointment, the fields "telephone and city" are rewritted > can i delete it for each appointment or something?

This will be the case if you have made an appointment from the same browser or you are logged in as a Wordpress user. The plug-in was developed for end users to make appointments so it saves the details to speed up future bookings.

However as a long as the end user has not been created as a Wordpress user or you have log-in set to 'Yes' in the A+ General settings tab and the user is not logged in as a Wordpress user then you could set the browser to 'private browsing/incognito' and it will not save the details you enter in the booking form.

2. I can´t find the field "notes" on "admin//appointments" > where can I find it, and where can I change the "field name notes" on appointments/appointments.php?

You can find the details entered in the notes field by logging in to the Wordpress dashboard as Admin.
    Then select 'appointments' in the left hand menu
    Locate the actual appointment that has been made and click 'see details and edit'
    The notes field is directly underneath the start and end date and time on the right hand side.

To confirm you can change the name of any field by entering the following in the appointments page.
    Log-in to Wordpress Admin dashboard
    Select 'Pages'
    Then select the Appointments page

Then enter at the top: [app_confirmation {name of current field}={"new name"}]

e.g. to change the name of the 'Note' field to 'Your Notes' then add [app_confirmation Note="Your Notes"] including the square brackets [ ]

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.