More info about the WPMU DEV badges in Profile

“Your reputation” section of Profile has “Your badges”, but I don’t know what each badge is for and how to get more and why I should care about having them (other than everyone always wants more of everything).

Maybe there’s an img title tag, but that doesn’t show on iPad.

Is there a Legend somewhere I can reference? Or can each badge have a caption?

How did I get each one?

What date did I receive each one?

Etc.

Thank you.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Clifford

Not sure how all of them are allocated but here is as follows:

Two people with a cog over them – Project Author

Single one in greyish suit – Like some sort of WPMU Dev God (Think this goes on contribution, as I had this after assisting as just a member last year)

Silver badge with green strap – I’m helpful.

Single person in blue top – Has 10 to 50 rep points.

Red rosette with gold star – Mind Blowingly helpful member. (I got this again as a member helping other members out)

Not sure how you get each one (except the received rep points and 10 to 50 rep of course :slight_smile:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks to both of you.

FYI: The img title for “two people with a cog over them – Project Author” is “member is an project author” – should be “a”, not “an”.

I see that I currently have “Silver badge with green strap – User has received rep points”. How do I know who gave me rep points, how much, and for what? I didn’t know I received rep points from anyone.

$0.02: I like the badges and I think there should be more of them, but only if we can figure out what they are and how to get them. I’m not suggesting 50 different badges, but more would be cool.

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Clifford.

I see that I currently have “Silver badge with green strap – User has received rep points”. How do I know who gave me rep points, how much, and for what? I didn’t know I received rep points from anyone.

You get points from posting as well as from other users. All points received can be seen by click on the link under your name on a post “Reputation: NUMBER”. That will take you to the page.

$0.02: I like the badges and I think there should be more of them, but only if we can figure out what they are and how to get them. I’m not suggesting 50 different badges, but more would be cool.

Yeah a page for listing them and the meanings would be cool.

Thanks for the feedback, I will get that passed on. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Odd…. On the first badge its as I stated originally.

“Silver badge with green strap – User has received rep points”

On subsequent badges and on your profile its not, its:

“I’m helpful”

Thanks for spotting the issue. :slight_smile: I’ll send you a couple of rep points :wink:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Clifford, No worries. :slight_smile:

Hey Grafics.

fantastic idea! :slight_smile:

The forum used is bbPress and not the current plugin version. Its the older version which was a standalone install with some integration.

So the method used here wouldn’t work on the current releases of bbPress. Sorry.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

So any hope for this in a future (soon maybe?) update?

Update on what?

An update to bbPress 2+ perhaps with some enhancements?

Or the legend?

There are no firm decisions on the legend idea, but we’re waiting for more feedback from all members first. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.