More info on Pro-Sites Member Profile Page

Hi all,

My current pro-sites installation has a default page for logged in members along the lines of http://mydomain/pro-site/ which gives info about the sites registered under the logged in user and options to manage these.

My question is - is it possible to have more info on this page similar to the info that we have on our wpmu membership page: e.g. number of sites registered, upgrade options, payment details, when renewal due, recent forum posts etc.? It would be great to have this in one page available for the user.

Apologies if this is a very basic question but my experience of both BuddyPress and Membership is limited - although I suspect that any answers might point me in that direction. Some eejyet-proof explanation or tips would be mucho appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Dee

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dee,

Thank you for the great question and anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it done - and I am not a coder.

Buddy Press may help add an item or two but nothing compared to what you described.

What is done on WPMU DEV is heavy custom coding and they, the developers, are not going to give us any clues to how they did it and furthermore custom coding is beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do help if we can.

You could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Dee
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting back to me and fully understand the scope of support (having an IT background myself, yet not a great coder!). I suspected there's some heavy customisation going on with WPMU but just had that as an example.

I think the half-way house to my requirement is maybe using something like Theme my Login combined with the relevant code from Pro Sites. Add to that a custom field or two and it should be ready to go. Not the Ferrari solution as such, more like a Nissan Micra :slight_smile:

Just wanted to check that there wasn't a plugin that doesn't magically do this all for me - yes, yes, I know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Dee

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dee,

Thank you for the additional clarification, it is greatly appreciated.

While working on a different issue and researching I found something that may be of great interest to you if you consider using Buddy Press, and that is Achievements for BuddyPress plugin which may do what you want with a little modification.

In addition, your own vision on how you want to accomplish this task looks very promising. Perhaps using the Custom Press plugin to help manage those fields?

Cheers, Joe

• warpedmind
    • The Incredible Code Injector

This is a great thread that I'd like to resurrect. While I understand that custom coding can be required for some of this... could the general generic output for these pages be enhanced to include some of the above mentioned features?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Tom,

Its a good feature request.

What about creating a new thread so that we can move that in features and feedback and seek other member's advice too ?

This one is quite old and there has been not activity.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.