More Questions about Sign Up & Access

I have BP and membership.

Michael B created a Visitor level and Visitor Subscription for those who came via the Jobs Plugin (so Employers didn't fall down the cracks as they were doing).

I have two subscriptions : PAO Community (free which allows BP access for my professionals) and Networking Opportunities ($10/m which has no access levels so BP access is by default).

Someone signed up to my site as a Subscriber yesterday - has access to BP area (but is not a PAO member)

I am confused about the front end.

Visitor - someone who is visiting the site and not signed in (and is excluded from BP area)

Subscriber - someone who signs up/Register - where do they end up {This is the bit confusing me.] It seems they - like everyone else who signs in - has access to the BP area (not my intention but with the way Membership works, you can't do it any other way).

PAO Community Member - sign up and subscriber to PAO community - & have access to BP area

Networking Opportunities - sign up to this (and lose PAO Community) - but have access to BP area due to no access levels set.

Basically anyone who "signs in" has access to BP (even though this was designed as accessible only for the PAO community) as they lose the Subscription/access if they take up any other Subscription (eg Networking) if it doesn't exclude BP access.

If that is right, you should just be able to say yes or no.

Membership 4.0 - Will people be able to take out more than one subscription?
EG can they sign up for Media 102 (a 10 part course) and for Writing 104 (a different 10 part course) and get access to BOTH if BOTH ARE PAID FOR?

Thanks.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Karen, looks like you've got me again. :slight_smile:

Basically anyone who "signs in" has access to BP (even though this was designed as accessible only for the PAO community) as they lose the Subscription/access if they take up any other Subscription (eg Networking) if it doesn't exclude BP access.

If that is right, you should just be able to say yes or no.

The short answer would be no.

The longer answer would be that only the "PAO Community Member" & "Networking Opportunities" subscriptions would be able to access the PAO Community.

Why is this so? Let's go back to your earlier statement about the "Subscriber" (the user assigned the "Visitor Subscription"):

Subscriber - someone who signs up/Register - where do they end up {This is the bit confusing me.] It seems they - like everyone else who signs in - has access to the BP area (not my intention but with the way Membership works, you can't do it any other way).

I take it they're showing up in the member list inside of BuddyPress? If that's the case, I can see where it would seem like they have access, but in actuality, they don't.

The "Visitor Subcription" is assigned the "Visitor" access level, which means anyone with this subscription has the permissions that a visitor to your site would have.

But, you didn't include access to the PAO Community in that access level, so they're not allowed to visit that portion of your site.

The test account I have on your site is set to the Visitor Subscription you have there, and at present, I'm getting the "Protected Content" page whenever I try to visit any part of the PAO Community.

------------

Like I said, long answer. :slight_smile:

Now, as for this one:

Membership 4.0 - Will people be able to take out more than one subscription?
    EG can they sign up for Media 102 (a 10 part course) and for Writing 104 (a different 10 part course) and get access to BOTH if BOTH ARE PAID FOR?

From what I can tell at present, the answer would be yes.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
    Michael

• Karen

Michael

Very happy to have you back (or anyone who can fix the issues i trip over!) :slight_smile:

I take it they're showing up in the member list inside of BuddyPress? If that's the case, I can see where it would seem like they have access, but in actuality, they don't.

Ah, yes, they are and I AM assuming BP access from that. Good to have that clarified.

Like I said, long answer. :slight_smile:

I am happy with a long answer if if answers my Qs and I increase my
    understanding of it all. :slight_smile:

Yeah re last comment! Thanks.
    Can. Not. Wait.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.