More Questions re:J&E Plugin

Sorry more questions re the J&E plugin:

1) Is there any way I can show a longer version of the Job title & Job Description? (See attached 1.jpg)

2) When I click on "Edit Expert", I am taken to "http://www.getkuote.com/edit-expert/" but this page is asking me to add a new Expert, not edit my existing one?

3) I have the same problem with "Edit Job"

4) When I click on "View inbox" I can see "Inbox| Unread| Read |Sent | Archive | Setting" when using Firefox but not when using Safari. Just a note, I'm using Firefox with my admin account and Safari with my user account so I'm not sure if it has an impact.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Jiahui

I hope you're well today, and happy new year!

I see that you have granted support access. so I logged into your site to see what may be going on.

Your job titles & descriptions are getting truncated by the Divi theme. I just set that up on a test site and get the same thing:
    http://jobs-and-experts.patrickcohen.net/job-2/

Any other theme works just fine. Are you committed to using that theme? I ask because we regularly deal with member issues here due to that particular theme. :slight_frown:

However, when I click the Edit button on a frontend expert profile, I am correctly directed to http://www.getkuote.com/edit-expert/?pro=pronamehere

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jiahui

The edit expert is working fine for me, screenshot attached.

Edit job link is working, though no content is shown. Would you please try the same link with default WP theme?

#4: When you use safari do you see "View inbox" or you don't see anything there?

Cheers
    Ash

• chris
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi,

I have the same issue with titles and descriptions truncating (short title and description) using the DIVI theme (infact any theme by Elegant Themes) and Jobs & Experts.

I hae a suppot post here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/job-titles-shortened-to-10-characters-on-divi-theme (note the title is misleading as it is being shortened by varying amounts in different places. )

Can anyone assist with this please.

Thanks
    Chris

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Jiahui and @chris,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I just tested this further with Divi theme and it seems that there is in fact issue in the plugin itself that can be causing this.
    I have forwarded all the details I found to the developer so he can have a closer look at it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi Guys,

I hope you are well today.

Firstly, please replace the file /jobs-plus/app/views/job-archive/main.php with the attachment, and then, please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_filter('jbp_job_list_content', 'jbp_job_list_content', 10, 3);
    function jbp_job_list_content($text, $content, $length)
    {
        return et_wp_trim_words($content, $length * 10);
    }

add_filter('jbp_job_list_title', 'jbp_job_list_title', 10, 2);
    function jbp_job_list_title($text, $content)
    {
        return et_wp_trim_words($content, 25);
    }

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best regards,
    Hoang

• chris
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Hoang,

I just tested this out one one site and it is a perfect fix. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I use my own custom functions plugin for the theme functions so this is protected.

Will future Jobs&Experts plugin updates have an amended /jobs-plus/app/views/job-archive/main.php file or will this need to be manually changed after updates?

(I have a few sites in action and planned that I need to apply it to... so I want to find an efficient way to do this.)

Best wishes
    Chris

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@Chris,

Will future Jobs&Experts plugin updates have an amended /jobs-plus/app/views/job-archive/main.php file or will this need to be manually changed after updates?

It will, so you don't have to re-update it again :slight_smile:

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• chris
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Hoang,

I have tested this out a little more and I am finding it is only changing some of the results pages - not all.

I have a test site example : http://jobexpert.simplecsr.com/

Firstly please note I have changed the line in your code to change 25 to 50 as below (25 wasn't enough for me) but i tesed this when it was still set at 25 :

return et_wp_trim_words($content, 50);

The jobs section is being changed correctly. See http://jobexpert.simplecsr.com/jobs/

But the main Jobs&Experts page is not being changed - http://jobexpert.simplecsr.com/

Also the widget sidebar is unchanged. See top of right column on http://jobexpert.simplecsr.com/job/another-sample-job-listing/ called "Recent jobs Posts"

( I have enabled support access on that site. Please use in any way if it helps. It is just for testing this plugin.)

Thanks
    Chris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @chris

Would you please create a new thread as your issue is little bit different than original poster? This way, the original poster won't be bothered with notification email.

Also, it will help us to provide better support in your own thread. I hope you won't take it otherwise :slight_smile:

A staff will reply at your thread asap. You can create a new question here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Cheers
    Ash

• chris
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ashok and Hoang,

I did originally set up a question here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/job-titles-shortened-to-10-characters-on-divi-theme

I got a message on that thread to say there was a follow up to the issue in this thread, and Hoang has been kindly using this thread to communicate.

The title of the old issue is slightly misleading (as it is not just clipped to 10 characters... but i cant change that title. Hoang seems to have a handle on the issue (as per his last thread and update) but the current status of this is that i tested it on some sites and the current suggested fix only resolves some of the pages. ie. /jobs not the others.

Please let me know where to continue this discussion (it still seems to me this is the most relevant place to resolve it but happy to use any thread as long as you both (Ash and Hoang) can remain involved.

Best wishes
    Chris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @chris

Well, would you please send me the Divi theme so that I can try in my test site? Please email me the theme to contact@wpmudev.org and a subject line "Attn-Ash", a link of this thread, admin login at your site and please describe as much as possible where can I see the issue in your site :slight_smile:

I will try to give you the fix for you :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @chris

Please replace the attached files in the following path:

main.php: /wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/landing/
    je-job-recent-widget-controller.php: /wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/controllers/frontend/je-job-recent-widget-controller.php.zip

Then add the following code in functions.php:

add_filter( 'jbp_landing_job_list_title', 'jbp_landing_job_list_title_cb', 10, 2 );
    function jbp_landing_job_list_title_cb( $text, $original ){
    	return et_wp_trim_words($original, 20);
    }

add_filter( 'jbp_landing_job_list_desc', 'jbp_landing_job_list_desc_cb', 10, 2 );
    function jbp_landing_job_list_desc_cb( $text, $original ){
    	return et_wp_trim_words($original, 50);
    }

add_filter( 'jbp_landing_job_widget_title', 'jbp_landing_job_widget_title_cb', 10, 2 );
    function jbp_landing_job_widget_title_cb( $text, $original ){
    	return et_wp_trim_words($original, 20);
    }

add_filter( 'jbp_landing_pro_list_title', 'jbp_landing_pro_list_title_cb', 10, 2 );
    function jbp_landing_pro_list_title_cb( $text, $original ) {
    	return et_wp_trim_words($original, 10);
    }

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Also, I am including @Hoang Ngo so that he is aware of these changes.

Cheers
    Ash

• chris
      • The Crimson Coder

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for this.

With your updates (listed above), and the updates from Hoang to the main.php file in /public_html/jobexpert/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/job-archive and the code for functions.php this all seems to work as expected now.

I am aware that this has involved three changes to plugin files:

1. /wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/job-archive/main.php
      2. /wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/landing/main.php
      3. /wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/controllers/frontend/je-job-recent-widget-controller.php

I have the other functions code in a protected functions.php file which is safe from future updates.

Currently if there is an update to the Jobs&Experts plugin those 3 files are going to be written over. Could one of you please confirm these updated files will be inlcuded in the next available plugin update. (I am planning to roll this out onto 6 different sites so want to make sure i don't have to manually replace each set of files after each update.)

Thanks again for all the help with this.

Best wishes
      Chris

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Chris

As this is weekend and the developer @Hoang Ngo is not online so I could not communicate him directly. But I have left him a message about this, so he will reply you about his decision as soon he is online :slight_smile:

Cheers
        Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.