Most Charges in Auth.net Must Be Captured Manually/Error on Some Orders: Credit Card Expires Before

Most Charges in Auth.net Must Be Captured Manually/Error on Some Orders: Credit Card Expires Before

Hi there-

We've used this plugin before and don't believe we've run into this issue: We've been using the Membership plugin on a client's site for a couple months now. After launching and a number of orders were placed on the site, our client said the money for orders wasn't passing to their bank account.

We found most of the orders in Authorize.net showed that the transactions were authorized but needed to be captured manually. We talked to Authorize.net, everything looked good on their end.

We then got the following email from our client:


I think I discovered what may be a small bug in our membership sign-up process. It also may explain why so many transactions are having to be captured manually.

I just joined the club tonight. After entering all of the information, when I clicked the "process payment" button I received an error message that said "Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription." This actually isn't true since my card doesn't expire until Sept. 2015, but I bet others are receiving that message and it's why we've been having a few folks get confused or join twice. Since I get the Authorize.Net e-mails, I noticed that the payment did indeed process, and a "welcome to the club" confirmation also arrived from Andy.

I logged on to Authorize.Net and discovered that my transaction is one of those that needed to be captured manually. There may be something in the system that matches expiration dates and the subscription period that needs tweaking.

We believe that if someone creates a subscription for one year and their card expires within that year, then see the notice "Credit Card expires before the start of the subscription."

We found this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/authorizenet-membership-plugin-finite-recurring-charge-issue

But it doesn't appear as though the issue was resolved by the final post in September.

Help please...