Most of Themes outdated ... :-(

Hi there,
it's really a disappointing experience to notice, that most of the themes of this package are outdated, some of them even since WP 2.8., as we receive error messages such as:
Notice: get_the_author_ID is deprecated since version 2.8! Use get_the_author_meta('ID') instead. in /var/www/web549/html/_wordpress.multi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3201
Notice: get_current_site_name is deprecated since version 3.9! Use get_current_site() instead. in /var/www/web549/html/_wordpress.multi/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3201

Honestly speaking, we have expected something more exciting from the makers of Wordpress!

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Boris!

First up, we didn't make WordPress, we just make addons to make WordPress more fun/interesting/creative. : )

Second, I actually totally agree with you on our themes. The company has put a lot of energy into creating our suite of plugins, so our themes have taken a bit of a backseat. However! My amazing colleagues @Maniu and @Ashok have recently taken over many of them, and are busy updating them all.

Additionally, we're working on a pretty amazing theme product that should be available soon*.

*I'm not allowed to give an exact ETA, I don't want to jinx anything, but the wait won't be long.

I'll leave a note for the dev about the deprecated call. Keep in mind, this is a notice - that means that this older call isn't hurting anything, and that it still works, just that there's a more modern way to handle that part of the code now.

Thanks for your feedback! Have a great Saturday. : )

• Ash

Hello @boris_carl_max_uhlig

Yes, you are right. Some themes are kinda outdated and we are working to make some themes dead.

In fact, currently we are working on a theme framework based on front end drag and drop page builder. So, all of our concentration are on it right now. The alpha testing of that theme is almost done, and very soon we will release the theme to our life time member for beta testing.

We hope you will love the theme when it will be available for all members.