Move all Paid Memberships to Default Subscription

Good day. I did not see my plugin listed above so I chose WPMU Dev Dashboard. But I am looking for support for the Membership Premium plugin.

First off, I was planning on upgrading my Membership Premium to the new Membership 2 Pro, however your support and I discovered a bug that I must wait to get fixed before I can proceed with the upgrade. I cannot upgrade to Membership 2 Pro util the bug is fixed per the way my website is set up. I have no choice but to continue using the Membership Premium plugin until the bug is fixed. In the mean time I need some assistance with the regular Membership Premium plugin.

Members of my website have purchased a membership throughout the year. For my organization, we don't measure membership by a single year, but rather a single season. The 2015-2016 season was from September to May. During that period, users purchased a membership. All of these users are still members because their memberships last for 1 year and do'n't expire for a few more months. We need them to purchase their membership for the upcoming 2016-2017 season (September 2016 to May 2017.)

So I need to reset everyone's membership back to the default subscription they first were put in when they first registered for the website (and before they purchased the real membership.) The name of the default subscription is "Pending Membership" and the access level it uses is "Interim Registration (before Subscribing for Membership) ".

How can I do this? As a test, I tried dropping some user's Subscription from the "All Members" page, but that did not work. I then tried moving some user's subscription from the one they were in to the "Pending Membership". Choosing to move the subscription did cause them to lose their special access they had with the paid subscription, which is good. However, when they went to the register page, they were redirected to the Your Subscription page and rather than having the option to purchase one of the paid memberships, they saw a yellow box that said the "Pending Membership" expired in 1 day, and they could not buy a paid membership.

Do you know how to make this work? Again, I need to move everyone's current paid membership back to the default subscription that new users automatically get placed into, and then have the members purchase the paid membership again for this upcoming season.

Thank you.

• Sajid

Hi Nick,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

In membership 2 there is an option to deactivate/revoke access from a membership by editing its subscription and setting its status back to Deactivated.

However, in Membership Premium I can see the Drop option is doing the same thing. It should instantly expires the subscription and revoke access. That is what you are doing which is good. So now the only issue you are getting is allowing those users to subscription the same membership again.

So what if you simply deactivate (make private too) the existing membership/subscription plan and then create a new membership plan for new season and ask your users to subscribe that membership again.

Hope that would help solve your issue or feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.