Move last edit time below BBPress signature

Hello,

URL: http://yourtechadvisors.com/forums/topic/test-topic/

I would like to move the Last Edit times under the BBPress signature/post, is this possible? Please see screenshot.

Thanks.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @alexstine,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I am sorry but this won't be possible from core edit as modified information is being rendered by bbp_reply_content function and that function is not providing much alternating mechanism for modified information logs.

So I went on CSS road and this snippet did the trick.

.bbp-reply-content{
    display: -webkit-box;
    display: -moz-box;
    display: box;

-webkit-box-orient: vertical;
    -moz-box-orient: vertical;
    box-orient: vertical;
    }

.bbp-topic-revision-log{
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 2;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
    box-ordinal-group: 2;
    }

.bbp-signature{
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 1;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1;
    box-ordinal-group: 1;
    }

I've pasted this snippet in your custom css editor which I found on Appearance > Custom CSS page.

Thanks for being with us. Let us know if you need further help regarding this or anything else :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello again @alexstine,

Actually I am using Chrome web browser for my testing and debugging and issue was with Firefox so I missed that unintentionally :slight_smile:

Actually “Favorite” and “Subscribe/Unsubscripted” buttons are also having same classes which log elements have. So my applied CSS was targeted those buttons too. But now I’ve fixed this by using “>” symbol which targets direct children of a particular element.

I’ve just changed CSS selector reference. Here is update CSS snippet for your future reference. :slight_smile:

.topic.type-topic.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content{

}

.topic.type-topic.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content > .bbp-topic-revision-log{
    }

.topic.type-topic.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content > .bbp-signature{
    }

Please confirm that this change fixed your issue. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @alexstine,

Actually Buddypress changes default css class selector of container when it comes to topic's replies. And when I wrote above css snippet for you at that time there weren't any replies. First I thought classes would be same but its just not, that's why topic's replies were not getting rearranged. I've just updated my above css and added reply classes selectors in it, and it has successfully fixed your issue. Please confirm the same. :slight_smile:

.topic.type-topic.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content,
    .reply.type-reply.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content{

}

.topic.type-topic.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content > .bbp-topic-revision-log,
    .reply.type-reply.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content > .bbp-reply-revision-log{
    }

.topic.type-topic.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content > .bbp-signature,
    .reply.type-reply.status-publish > .bbp-reply-content > .bbp-signature{
    }

Cheers,

Milan

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @alexstine,

Given our custom development policy (which the code mentioned here has taken more time than what that covers), and what Tim’s already mentioned elsewhere, my advice in this situation is thus:

– For Internet Explorer, I would advise looking into this further via the browser developer tools that it provides, this’ll require some poking & prodding (as it tends to).

– For the iDevices, I would advise looking into a neat little service called BrowserStack:

https://www.browserstack.com/

It’s possible to bring up a set of developer tools for some devices, your mileage will vary, though, on the use of them.

I’d be glad to help, but our custom development policy is something that does need bearing in mind.

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello,

Basically my goal is to move the last edit times out of the middle of the content, so whether that is under the signature or above the post itself, I do not care. Is there anywhere else we could move it that would take a lot less work? Should I try different plugins to make it easier? Should we instead try to move the signature above the last edit dates and times instead of the other way around?

I do know about your custom dev policy. I wish there was another community like this somewhere. You never get a good response on http://www.wordpress.org/support and Stack Exchange you have to be a college professor to write a question so your account does not get flagged. Do you recommend any other websites I can go do for large projects like this?

Thanks,

Alex. :smiley:

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Alex,

The ticket’s visible now, so you should be able to link to it. :slight_smile:

Is there anywhere else we could move it that would take a lot less work?

You can bring it up to your fellow members over here, and they can assist where they’re able to:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/members#discussion-modal

As far as the normal support forums are concerned, the custom development policy still applies. The point here is the time invested, whether it’s pursuing the path you’ve been taking now, or treading a new one, it’s all going to take some amount of time.

Do you recommend any other websites I can go do for large projects like this?

None come to mind right off the bat, aside from what you’ve already covered.

Just checked out your link, it is not accessible with screen readers. It also looks like you have to buy a plan.

Forgot about the screen reader compatibility, it’s been such a useful tool that it came to mind right away. It does require a plan, yes, but if you’re working with styling quite a bit, and are looking to test for a bunch of devices without having to buy them all yourself, it’s very handy. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

Edit: Saw you just posted an update, glad to hear that it’s working now. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.