Move Nav Bar to top of page in Spirit Theme

Hi, brand new to WPMUDEV, but I am loving it so far. How can I move the nav bar location to the top of the page on the Spirit theme. I would also like to change the color.
Assuming there is some place easy to tweak that. I just haven't found it yet. (I have granted support access)

Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @crossconnecting,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Moving regions by drag and drop is not currently possible but there's a way to do this.
    What you want to do is right click on your menu section and click on remove icon as shown on screenshot below.

After that right click on your current top region and click on edit background again.
    On top of that region click on icon to add new region.
    Select global region option and select Header.

It should now add your region on top and you can save changes now and that should be it.

I would also like to change the color.

Once your menu is added, click on settings icon and there you will see color picker for your menu background, see last screenshot attached.

Let us know if this is what you wanted to do :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• crossconnecting

Greetings Pedrag,

I have attached some screen shots for you.

When editing the background for the header and I can change colors. There is a color picker there and as you can see I have change that color to what it is now.
    But cannot edit the background colors for the menu or menu items (as you have already stated - there is not a choice to to do that.)

Also, I have a problem with the height of the header or nav bar section being taller than the menu section. This does not show when I am editing it. I have both areas the same height as you can see in the screen shots, but then then they are much different sizes when I look at them in in normal (not editing the site) mode.

I have revoked access and then activated access for support again.

Thanks for all the help.

Kind regards,

Jerry

• crossconnecting

Greetings Pedrag,
    I hope you are having a wonderful day.
    I am continuing to try to work through this issue on my own and to learn as much about UPFRONT as possible. I have read through the tutorial on regions and see that tutorial talks about adding the navigation as a sub region of a header, but cannot see how I can go back and edit this region. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Jerry

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Jerry,

Oh yes, you need to change the color of menu item holder as well, sorry I missed that part.
    If you are not able to see the settings icon on the menu items once you hover it try increasing its width little and it should show up, and then edit CSS like shown on screenshot attached below.

I have read through the tutorial on regions and see that tutorial talks about adding the navigation as a sub region of a header, but cannot see how I can go back and edit this region. Is there a way to do that?

Sub-region doesn't have all the options as standard region, but you can still change its background.
    Once you click on Edit Background on your header region you will see that there is one Settings icon showing when you hover on sub-region and one when you hover on main region, the first one is the one that you want to click :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.