Move Sidebar to Footer Sidebar Area

Hi.

Could anyone help me with how to change/move my theme's 'widget sidebar' into the footer area (footer widget bar!), please?

Thanking you in advance.

Johnv

• SqueakyOx

Hi John,

I believe you need to provide more information. For example:

1. What theme are you using?
    2. Is there a screenshot or URL link to it so everyone can see it?

The most simple answer to this is hoping that there is already are already existing widget bar locations (side and bottom) in your theme and you can simply move the corresponding widgets into the area (with the default WP theme with customizer). If not, be ready to hack the theme to include this.

Cheers,

• Milan

Hello @john,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

As our valuable member @SqueakyOx Dev said we need little more information to answer you well.

Can you provide us information which @SqueakyOx Dev suggested you to provide. ? Theme information will help me to understand basics of theme and to find possible workaround if there is any with that theme for you. Ans screenshot will make context little more lighter so I can see well what's you asking. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• john

Hi Guys.

Thanks for that!

I understand what you are saying.

The 'Theme' is a bit of a 'trade secret' in the sense that it is a 'well hacked'; 'stripped down'; and reworked version of what was already a very basic, early and discontinued/obsolete theme. A bit of a 'secret recipe' you might say!!!

Indeed it is a so basic (at the moment) that it does not have any 'customizer' options (widgets currently having to be accessed from the multi-site dashboards option, which is something I also needs to improve)!!

But of course I could grant you access via my wpmudev dashboard.

My wish is to be able to move the 'sidebar widgets' to a horizontal arrangement (that stacks from left to right) sitting immediately below the 'main page container': and then expand the 'main page container' to full page width (in is currently set to 100%)?????

This might help:-

http://web-me.at/

If this is a difficult 'hack', then I would be good for me to know, so that I might perhaps leave well enough alone, and concentrate on improving the 'Customizer' access to the widgets!!!!!!

Thanking you for your opinions in this matter.

Regards

Johnv

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.