Move through levels

What does it means "Finite - a user will remain on this level in the subscription for a set period of time. After that period of time they will move to the NEXT level in the subscription if there is one, or if this is the last level in the subscription..."

Do you mean next like "the next one in subscription order (by ID for example)" or do you mean next by importance (not paied vs paied)?

For example, if I just want a not-payed subscription has a trial Pro-version (that is payed) which fallback to Free-version after 7 days, how should I do?
Best regards

• Mason

Hiya webeing!

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

What does it means "Finite - a user will remain on this level in the subscription for a set period of time. After that period of time they will move to the NEXT level in the subscription if there is one, or if this is the last level in the subscription..."

You can set up multiple finite levels in one subscription. By doing this, you can roll out new content at given intervals (drip content) in a single subscription.

For example, if I just want a not-payed subscription has a trial Pro-version (that is payed) which fallback to Free-version after 7 days, how should I do?

So you need a Visitor/Stranger Level that is both what people start with and what they fall back to should they decide not to go with the 7-day Pro trial.
    Secondly you need a Pro-Level that provides all your additional content.
    When you setup your first subscription it'll have two levels: a finite (7-day) pro level followed by an infinite free level (this way a person can't sign up for another 7-day trial).
    The second subscription would be the Pro version with the same Pro level, but set up for payment the way you want this to run on your site (serial or otherwise).

Hope this helps clear things up a bit. Membership sites can be a bit more complex to set up but our plugin allows for a lot of flexibility to help you get what you want.

Thanks!

• webeing

Thanks, very helpfull!
    Another thing.
    I'm using buddypress for my profiles: is there a way to protect specific xProfile Fields or xProfile fields groups in some manner?
    I need to hide some profile fileds or field groups based on displayed member subscription. I try using some like current_user_on_level( $user_id ) but it can do it by logged user.
    I need it on displayed user, not logged one: only if a user has a full subscription all profile filelds are visible to community.
    Thanks a lot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.