Moved hosting, now can't upload pdfs

Recently moved hosts from the developer's hosting to GoDaddy. Now I get an http error when trying to upload any pdfs (not very large, low-rez,2-page magazine articles), and the pdfs that are already in the media library also aren't working (epic 404). One suggestion is that I need to add a block of code to the php.ini file to increase memory capability. Please advise.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Marcia!

This actually isn't as scary as it looks. Once you do this once, you'll be a pro. : )

Use an FTP program to look at your server. You're going to want to go to the root of your WordPress install, so wherever you've got the folders wp-admin, wp-content, and wp-includes. In that same directory, you'll find a file called wp-config.php.

Right click that file and select edit. Use a plain text editor, like notepad, to edit the file.

Look for this line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

and change "false" to "true".

Save, and reupload to your site.

When it's done (it should only take a second or two) go to your site and refresh. A bunch of text may appear, copy all that text and paste it into a reply here.

When we're done figuring out your issue, just go back and re-edit that file to change "true" back to "false."

This is totally in your wheelhouse, I have every faith in you. : )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.