Moving A multisite install to a different server

Is there anything that need to be done differently than when moving a single install?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Not particularly if you are keeping the same domain. You will want to clear cache ensure DB details are correct.

If you do have any hard coded or DB references to a folder position i.e. /homes/account-name/public-html/ then you would need to change those but you probably wouldn’t have.

Take care.

• Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

Of course, you could always use a script to do it for you, instead of doing it manually (which could take you a long time)

About a month ago, I used the Backup Buddy plugin to handle a multisite migration for me. It worked flawlessly and I was back online on the new server in less than an hour.

It has great support and I highly recommend it: http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/backupbuddy/

I’m not an affiliate and I get no kickback from them, but that plugin is well worth the money I paid for it. It saved my hide at time when my old server was literally failing. It is designed for exactly what you need. I hope the WPMU Dev folks don’t mind me mentioning it here, but it is a plugin that certainly fills a strong need and does a great job at it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.