Moving a wordpress site to a new host question

Hello, I am moving a site to a new web hosting provider.
I changed the dns name server settings to point to the new host/server.
I setup the domain on it and installed a new wordpress install there.
I added the theme I has previously used.

Then I went into phpmyadmin and imported the msql file I had exported from the old Host original site. When I imported it into the new servers mysql database it said successful and I saw new things imported yet no posts or posts were imported!

I know theres an Export plugin and Import one under Tools menu inside WordPress. But I can't get to it since I changed the DNS name server to the new box.

What can I do? I want to get all the posts and pages back.

Thanks
Joseph Segal

• Sajid

Hi @jsegal,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

When you exported the database from phpMyadmin (assuming you have imported all tables) then you do not need to export posts from tools to import on new server.

If you have pointed the domain to new address then you can not access your old site with that domain. However, you can still access that site via temporary address, most hosting does have this option. If you are not sure what is temporary address to your old site then contact your host for more details.

As a side-note, you can use Snapshot plugin to move site from one server to another server. Here is step by step guide on how to move it with snapshot.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.