Moving CSS files from body to header in Hummingbird minification

I am trying to move a few css files that are located at the bottom of the body to the header. When I select Header in Hummingbirds minification for these files, they do not move anywhere. They stay in their original position.

These are the files in question.

CSSjs_composer_front
wp-content/plugins/js_composer/assets/css/js_composer.min.css

mpc_icons_font-fa
wp-content/plugins/mpc-massive/assets/fonts/fa/fa.min.css

They are not combined, not minified, just set to be located in the header.

• Rupok

Hi Salespro Domains,

When I select Header in Hummingbirds minification for these files, they do not move anywhere. They stay in their original position

This is very strange and is not supposed to happen. What happens when you put those files to be added in the header and save that minification page? Does hummingbird show that those files are now enqueued in the header, but in real they are in the original position? Or humming bird also shows that those files are enqueued in middle/footer when you refresh that minification page after saving?

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Salespro Domains,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for enabling support access, I was able to notice some anomalies when trying to move these files. I'm pinging the developer, asking to give a look. Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you posted asap.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Salespro Domains,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm able to get a feedback from the developer regarding this, and I'm afraid this seems to be an issue with how the plugin feature works, when it comes to moving the files to the header.

The issue is that the Hummingbird plugin will need to save all the information about the asset, and hence it will need at least three iteration to move it to header. This would end up with too many information in the database, and hence the feature will not work the way it want.

The developers are aware of this issue, and are looking to correct these in the future release, by removing this feature from the plugin, but unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA on when a major update to the plugin will be released. At the moment, I'm afraid, there isn't any workaround for moving these files to the header.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.