Moving Custompress settings to a separate install

I’ve copied an entire WP multisite from one server to another. After some realignment, I am left with just one issue with Custompress. The Custom Taxonomies and Custom Fields are both correctly populated, but the Custom Post Types tab is displaying empty. There are 3 custom post types that were created. I searched the database and can see that all the individual posts are there with the affiliated post type. I can also see all of the wp_options copied over exactly.

I noticed that someone else wrote about using BackupBuddy, but I’d rather not start over with the move.

– Thanks

• PursuitKeith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey David,

I agree, which is why it is baffling. Everything else is working correctly on the site and the database is an exact copy. I confirmed that the custom post types are inserted into the same various locations throughout the database tables, such as in wp_sitemeta. The syntax inside the tables is identical.

The content posted into these post types is also in the database. It is as if the post types are not being registered, even though the custom taxonomies and custom fields are. Both installs are also using identical themes. I am copying the site to create the live version separate from the development version.

I’ve actually come across errors similar to this while working with other plugins. Never had to move this particular plugin, but it seems that some just don’t move well. Any light you could shed on the situation would be great.

Thanks,

Keith

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• MrHoneyfoot
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m having the same problem – everything is there in the database. Except I’m getting 404s and can’t view custom content. In the custom content admin tab – it’s empty.

I just switched multisite and had to disable / re-enable custompress. My content types are still there – what do I do?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Thanks for posting back the solution. I’ve sent some points your way :slight_smile:

To anybody reading this is what worked for @Tevya Washburn

Okay, I ended up taking the cPanel backup I’d made before changing to Single site, and creating a duplicate of the site from before. I went in there, exported the custom post types and taxonomies, then imported onto the live site. I assume that only does the CPT info, and not the actual content. Once I did that, the CPT’s showed up with their original content, etc. So everything was good to go. So for us, this issue is resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.