Moving Events Manager to Events+

Hi all,

I have a client (it's a private school) who wants to convert their basic WordPress site to a membership site, so that the teachers can have their own groups, parental access, fundraising, registration, etc. I immediately thought of you all - I think you'd be perfect.

However, they're currently using Events Manager (http://wp-events-plugin.com/) for the school's calendar of events. I think it would be good for them to move to Events+, since it's tied in so well with the Membership plugin, and we'll be using BuddyPress and the Groups Calendar - it would just be easier to tie them all in together.

I was wondering if there's anything out there that would easily move all of the existing Events Manger items to the Events+ calendar? (In fact, I have another client that I need to do this with, too) I'm pretty sure I can export Events Manager as a .csv file - will that import into Events+? Or is there something else I could do that you all might know about? (or will I have to write something on my own?)

• Alexander

Hi @doodlebee,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. So Events+ doesn't have a .csv importer. However we still have a few options.

To start, let's explore the possibility of using Google Calendar to migrate everything over. It looks like Events Manager can export to Google Calender. Fortunately, events+ has a google calendar import feature that will grab all your events and create new entries for them in Wordpress.

I would recommend trying this to start, as it's the most straightforward option. If this doesn't work, we can look into other options such using the CSV importer plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/csv-importer/) and modifying your csv import properly into Events+

D you think you'll be able to test it out using the calendar option?

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

• doodlebee

Well, turns out it won't work. Events Manager only allows you to export bookings, not the whole calendar.

So I'm writing my own custom plugin to convert the Events Manager to Events+, since I need this for two sites (and possibly more in the future).

Out of curiosity, does the WPMU people accept contributions? I figure once I get this finished, you all might be interested in using it for your plugin so people can move if they want.

• Alexander

Hi @doodlebee,

Sorry to hear it's not going to work for you. That certainly is exciting that you're going to work on your own. If you need any input/feedback on it down the road just let me know. I'm not all that familiar with Events Manager, but might be able to help clear things up on the Events+ side of things.

As for accepting contributions, we usually don't for new plugins, but with add-ons like this I think it's just a case-by-base basis. If you do manage to get this worked out, feel free to open a forum post, or contact us via email and we can get the developers to take a look at it.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,