Moving from one membership to another in membership pro 2

In Membership 1, you could move from one membership to another without losing the start/expire dates. In Membership 2, it updates the date to today if you do the same. I have created a trial on my existing membership and I want to move all members to non trial but retain all other settings. Is this possible? How?

Also, the trial is useless to us. Without capturing a credit card at the beginning, the retention rate is near zero. I've read others struggling with this too. It makes a massive difference.

Finally, since there isn't a way to secure payment on a trial, why not offer an automated push to email list on Mailchimp for Trials. They are "non payment' and thus shouldn't they be added to the non-payment email list as designed? Isn't that what it's for? How are we supposed to efficiently do business, convert trials into customers, without these tools?

Come on folks. Listen to your customers please. This is critical and needs immediate attention.

Or, build us an export feature so we can move our clients to another tool that functions as we need.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello astUtemy,

I have created a trial on my existing membership and I want to move all members to non trial but retain all other settings. Is this possible? How?

When editing members subscriptions there is option to change dates of subscription. So when you move member to other membership, you can edit start-expiry date manually - and setting start date to past is also possible.

Finally, since there isn't a way to secure payment on a trial, why not offer an automated push to email list on Mailchimp for Trials. They are "non payment' and thus shouldn't they be added to the non-payment email list as designed? Isn't that what it's for?

I can move this thread to the Features & Feedback section for now - let see how many member will support this idea.

Also, the trial is useless to us. Without capturing a credit card at the beginning, the retention rate is near zero. I've read others struggling with this too. It makes a massive difference.

At this moment this is only possible with PayPal by adding this

define( 'MS_PAYPAL_TRIAL_SUBSCRIPTION', true );

to wp-config.php file.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi astUtemy

I hope you had a wonderful day.

# If I add that code to my wp-config.php it will ask for a credit card? Is this a safe solution or will there be problems later?
    > I got this from the changelog of version 1.0.2.6 which was release at December 30, 2015.
    Added: Constant 'MS_PAYPAL_TRIAL_SUBSCRIPTION' to enable subscription for Paypal when trial mode is enabled (works only at Paypal)
    Enabling subscription for PayPal is completely safe.

# This could be done so easily with a switch that says "retain dates when changing subscription
    > Definitely this is a very nice idea and it will really be very helpful for many users. I can see your thread is already in the "Features and Feedback" section. So the more people liking your idea here, the more chances our developers will include this feature in future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.