Moving Membership 2 to a different site?

Pssssst. Excuse me. Um, can I, um, move my Membership 2 store I just custom built from one site to another?

That would be WONDERFUL. IT'D BE PARTY TIME!

• Denitsa

Hello Frank W.,
    I hope you're having a fantastic day and thank you for your question!

What do you exactly mean by "Membership 2 store"? You could export the data from the M2 plugin and then import it on your new website. That's done via Membership 2 -> Settings -> Import Tool.

This will create a .json (in JSON format) file including members and membership's data.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Regards,
    Denitsa

• Denitsa

Hey there Frank W.,

I'm sorry for the confusion here! Let me tray and explain these steps more thoroughly:

1) You navigate to Membership 2 -> Settings -> Import Tool like in the above screenshot.
    2) You hit the Generate Export button.

3) You'll be prompted to save a file to your hard drive, most likely with a default name of membership2-export.json, You can name it however you like and hit the Save button.
    4) On you other website where you want to transfer your M2 settings, navigate to the same page (Membership 2 -> Settings -> Import Tool).
    5) Here, click on the Choose file button and choose the file you just saved in the above step.

6) Click on the Preview Import button.

7) You will get the info about the data you're importing like Data source, List of all Memberships, List of all Members, etc. Here you can choose to import the data you already have over the current M2 data, replacing it (if you're working on a fresh install and you need the exact settings copied over you can check that box. If you're unsure, then don't). Then hit Import.

8) You will be presented with a loading popup screen and then with an All done message. You click Okay here.

That's it! You should be good to go!

I hope this helps! If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.