Moving Membership to a new site

Hi, I'm about to move my website which is running Membership to a new web address, I have recreated all the content on the new address but I now need to set up Membership with the same settings as it had before (access levels, etc) on the new site. Is there anyway of doing this other than manually?

Thanks

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi gingerpixel

Greetings from WPMU DEV and thank you for being a member of our Community!

If you've only got a single WordPress installI I can recommend our latest plugin (just recently released): https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot

This Plugin will allow you to not just backup all your regular WordPress stuff (posts, pages, comments, taxonomies etc.) but also every table of your database, for every plugin and theme.

For a Multisite setup I would recommend the more traditional way - creating a complete backup of your current hosting files, including all databases, via cPanel, using root access and backing it up as .tgz file (if the hosting cPanel is the same for the new domain). If it is different, then if would probably take a bit more manual labor.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do let me know how you're getting on and if you need any further support.

Have a great day, gingerpixel!

GinaB

I will resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).