Moving multisite to hosting

What is the process to move an existing subdomain site to your hosting? From reading the forum post you need to do the heavy lifting. Do I select a subdirectory site? Really glad this is available and the timing is perfect.
Thanks, Dan

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there realdude,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Just to be clear on this, you want to migrate a whole subdomain multisite, correct?
    This can be done indeed by our sysadmins, as long as you can provide us a wildcard SSL certificate to cover all subdomains of your domain and be able to configure a wildcard DNS record in your DNS manager of course.
    If you can provide us with this, please do send us an email using our safe contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"

- wildcard SSL certificate information
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me. We will then provide you any further instructions. When the subdomain multisite is set, you could then use Shipper to migrate your

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• realdude
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

"Can we talk?" [Joan Rivers]

Would like to offer some constructive comments. I realize the hosting and especially subdomains is really new and perhaps its not possible, but it would be helpful if;

1. You could give an estimate of time to complete up front. If it is days, a week, or longer, that would help us make an informed decision whether or not to proceed now or wait until a better time.

2. Perhaps keep us informed as the process goes along. Three days ago I asked for a quick update ... pretty quiet.

Having been with WPMUDEV for seven years it has been my experience that the support is "stellar." In this case if I had know from the start that it would take a week to complete the transfer I could have notified my clients and prepared them for the delay, knowing this will be "a better place" (at least that is my hope).

So, again if someone could take a minute to give an update it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there realdude,

as mentioned in our email conversation as well, I deeply apologize for the long waiting time on this. I was having some illness that kept me behind and as this is a new process for us, we had to make some more arrangements on this.
    The current state is that I'll manually migrate your website into the new site hosted with us, then I'll pass the wildcard SSL information to our sysadmins to install it and transform the WP installation into a subdomain multisite.
    I apologize for the misunderstanding once again, I'll keep you posted about the progress of this here in this thread. Most probably will be done by tomorrow.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.