Moving my local site (on my Mac using MAMP) to my live server

Hi - Can you please point me to the best most current info on the best way to migrate my local wordpress site (Avada theme) to a live server.
I've seen several threads but it's hard to know what is best/complete info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Nancy

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Nancy, I hope you're well today!

The easiest method is to do the following:
    1. Create a new, blank site on your live server.
    2. Install this plugin on both the local & the live sites: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/
    3. backup your site from the localhost using snapshot and make sure you backup everything (all files, all database tables etc).
    4. Copy the backup zip file to your live site
    5. Import the zip file using snapshot on the live server.
    6. Sometimes you may need to run this script on your live site to make sure all the references to your local domain change to the live site URL: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/
    Using the above script you can do asearch and replace in your databse for the old domain, and replace it with the new one.

I hope that helps!

Take care,
    Ari.

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hi there Nancy,

Hope you are well and thanks for the question!

MAMP or LAMP or any other localhost program you are using doesn't really matter.
    The thing you need is the site public files and the database.

But this will require more tinkering, that's why we have an article on our blog about how to migrate a WordPress site to a live server using Duplicator.

Duplicator is a plugin that makes the transferring of a WordPress site for more easy, than manually transfer everything.

Take a look at the article and let us know if you have some problems.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.