MP - Autogenerated pages not displaying

I'm in the process of doing a buildout for a new marketpress-based site.

I'm using the Oakland theme off of ThemeForest and have run into some kind of issue with the autogenerated pages. None of them are displaying, this includes the products page, shopping pages, order tracking, etc. Interestingly, however, the product categories pages are getting displayed.

The products display fine, it's just these auto pages, they are simply blank. While I can work around the product listing page, I can't get around the the fact that the shopping cart doesn't come up.

What does marketpress need me to add to the theme to get these pages displaying correctly?

• aecnu

Greetings Saunt Valerian,

Your best bet may be to check out the coding of Frame Market/Grid Market themes or perhaps the "shopping Cart Widget from those themes to see if you can directly copy some of that coding into your current theme since there is no shortcut that I am aware of that will display the cart though there is one to link to the cart.

In my opinion the reason you are having such a time with integrating Market Press into your theme is clearly described by Victoria with her comment The rest of them, once I started working with them, ended up being too limiting in one way or another, had serious coding problems, conflicts with plugins or other, major customization roadblocks and very little to no support from the author. Reference article: http://wpcandy.com/thinks/themeforest-is-the-red-headed-stepchild

My suggestion above may in fact work very well for you and your integration into this theme and certainly hope for the best.

Please advise if my suggestion above helps to integrate the shopping cart or other pages into your installation.

Cheers, Joe

• Saunt Valerian

That didn't actually answer the question I asked - and while I completely understand the difficulties and issues involved with varying coding standards and the risks one faces when choosing themes from a marketplace - trouble-shooting involves troubleshooing and support - not criticism - before jumping to conclusions about poor coding standards.

The question I asked was what does MP look for when it tries to load the auto-generated pages?

I found an answer in Themeing_Marketpress.txt but am getting nowhere. While it provides a list of filenames to create based on the themes' Page.php I need help in troubleshooting. Looking at Framemarket hasn't been helpful yet because it's Page.php is miminal.

Here is Framemarket's Page.php:

<?php get_header(); ?>
    <div id="content">
    	<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') : ?>
    	<?php do_action( 'bp_before_blog_page' ) ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>
    	<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'page' );?>
    	<div class="clear"></div>
    	<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') : ?>
    	<?php do_action( 'bp_after_blog_page' ) ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>

</div>
    	<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

This is Page.php from the theme I am using (Oakland):

<?php

get_header();

$page_layout = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'page_layout', true);

if (!$page_layout) {
        $page_layout = 'sidebar_bg';
    }

if ($page_layout != 'nobg') {
    	$image_width = 760;
    	$image_height = 430;
    } else {
    	$image_width = 1180;
    	$image_height = 665;
    }

?>
    <!--  Start Content  -->
    <?php
    	if ($page_layout == 'sidebar_bg') {
    		echo '<section id="content">';
    	} elseif ($page_layout == 'sidebar_bg sidebar_left') {
    		echo '<section id="content" class="fr">';
    	} else {
    		echo '<section id="middle_content">';
    	}

if (have_posts()) : the_post();
    		echo '<div class="entry">';

if (has_post_thumbnail()) {
    			cmsms_thumb(get_the_ID(), $image_width, $image_height, false, 'prettyPhoto');
    		}

if (get_the_content() != '') {
    			echo '<div class="entry-content">';

the_content();

echo '</div>';

wp_link_pages('before=<div class="subpage_nav"><strong>' . __('Pages', 'cmsmasters') . ':</strong>&link_before= [ &link_after= ] &after=</div>');
    		}

echo '</div>';
    	endif;

comments_template();

echo '</section>';
    ?>
    <!--  Finish Content  -->

<!-- Start Sidebar  -->
    <?php
        if ($page_layout == 'sidebar_bg') {
            echo '<section id="sidebar">';

get_sidebar();

echo '</section>';
        } elseif ($page_layout == 'sidebar_bg sidebar_left') {
            echo '<section id="sidebar" class="fl">';

get_sidebar();

echo '</section>';
        }
    ?>
    <!--  Finish Sidebar  -->

<?php get_footer(); ?>

I'm not seeing anything in there that looks really odd or strange. Is there a specific function or call that MP looks for in Page.php? Is it looking for Content, what might be missing here that is preventing the pages being displayed.

• Paul

@Saunt Valerian, To answer your question

What does marketpress need me to add to the theme to get these pages displaying correctly?

MP creates the one /shop/ page within your Pages section. All other pages for Products, Shopping Cart, etc are dynamic pages. For these dynamic pages MP sets up some rewrite logic. Seems your theme or some other plugin is conflicting with the MP logic.

If you switch to the default TwentyEleven theme you should see these pages work.

So best suggestion is of you to manually create these pages and add the needed shortcode. You can find the shortcodes listed on Market Press > Store Settings. Then on the 'Shortcodes' tab.

• aecnu

Greetings Saunt Valerian,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.