MP: possible conflict in Country Field; France and France, Metropolian

Hi there

I've been getting feedback from French customers telling me they get the PayPal error message: "Oops! An error occurred while processing your payment. 10725 - There was an error in the Shipping Address Country field".

Running a test purchase I found that selecting France rather than France, Metropolitan cleared the error.

I also notice that France, Metropolitan does not offer the "State" drop down options you get when you select France.

I manually deleted all the countries in the Shipping options in Store Settings and reloaded using "All Countries". Both the above destinations are still available when I do this.

What is the purpose of France, Metropolitan if all it does is cause some orders to fail? Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Thanks
Paul

• Sajid

Hello Paul,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear you are getting this issue on your site. I could replicate this issue on my own test site too. I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be fixed up.

Right now, you can remove the France Metropolitan from the list by removing all countries and then selecting specific countries by leaving France Metropolitan from Store Settings -> Shipping -> General Shipping Settings -> Target Countries.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.