MP Product List Pages giving 404

I'm running into a problem with MP

It is connected to the problem outlined here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coupon-cant-be-applied-to-this-cart#post-1072700

Support renamed pages /new-store etc. to resolve an issue with coupon codes.

However, whenever I name them properly ("/store" or "/product-list") I get 404 errors. PayPal transactions seem to fail also.

Something about this suggests to me a conflict with table entries I cannot see from the dashboard.

I ended up with numerous problems with this plugin when I upgraded my membership last year which have never been resolved. I'm wondering if there is some way I can get this resolved once and for all.

I don't know if it is related but google analytics is no longer receiving data from my store pages. This is a real problem for me right now.

Thanks.

Paul

P.S. Support access has been enabled.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Paul,

Did you changed something on site, because I can't replicate issue you are describing.
    I changed slug from new-store to store and there was no 404 error and I was able to go to PayPal without problem.

How can I replicate this issue on your site? Please advice.

I don't know if it is related but google analytics is no longer receiving data from my store pages.

Google code is placed on store page - is it possible that with slug changes you were checking wrong pages in GA?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Paul

I've had a look at what's happening since you made changes Kasia.

You can add items to the cart if you click "Choose Options"

But if you click the product image or text you still get a 404.

I assume GA uses the site directory to establish the pages it monitors.

It's clear that there is a deeper problem here. I'm going to try changing everything back to "new-" so that at least the store will work.

EDIT: Yes, now that I've changed the slug for Store back to "new-store" I no longer get a 404 when clicking the product text or image.

This might seem like a non-problem but unfortunately I need to redesign the store pages and I can't afford for those pages to be broken as a result.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Paul,

I'm testing this again and I can't replicate problem :slight_frown:

I clicked this time on product picture and not added to cart and there is no 404 error

Can you tell me if you flushed permalinks when you changed the slugs of the store? By flush I mean go to Settings -> Permalinks and click Save.
    I now think that this might be the problem - when you are changing slugs for those pages, WordPress does not recognizes it immediately as new path for products so it results in the 404 error. When permalinks are flushed then fixes permalinks.
    Every time you are changing slugs of pages that are also part of the product url you should re-save permalinks.

To be sure I tested products on two browsers and there is no more 404 error on them

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Paul

Hi Kasia

Many thanks for your reply.

That's interesting. I must admit when I was making the changes I wasn't flushing .

However, that doesn't explain why when you changed the slug to "store" on the 18th (I'm assuming you flushed the permalinks) I got 404 when I checked the site. Could this simply be a cookies issue?

Customers going to checkout that day had the same problem.

Possibly relevant here is that purchases on that day prompted PayPal to email me about PayPal Instant Payment Notifications failing (error code: Error: Missing POST variables. Identification is not possible.)

Right now, I'm testing the site, running two computers on OSX in parallel- on one of them Chrome and Firefox have no issues loading.

On the other I'm getting SSL warnings and site pages not loading. Very weird.

Is this related?

• Nithin

Hi Paul,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

However, that doesn't explain why when you changed the slug to "store" on the 18th (I'm assuming you flushed the permalinks) I got 404 when I checked the site. Could this simply be a cookies issue?

WordPress does keep a cache of permalinks, and this will not get recognized until the cache is regenerated, so when we flush the cache, the permalinks gets regenerate, and gets updated if there is a change. Maybe, could have been the issue, since you have confirmed that it's working fine, seems like it's all good there. :slight_smile:

On the other I'm getting SSL warnings and site pages not loading. Very weird.

Is this related?

Have you fixed this? I'm not able to notice any SSL warnings in your homepage, I wasn't able to notice any in the browser console too, or website being slow. I tested in Firefox, and Chrome. Could you please advise what I'm missing here, so that we could help get this sorted. Possibly, a screenshot should help understand this issue better.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Paul

Hi Nithin.

I've disabled Hummingbird yesterday as this was producing numerous problems:
    MP cart broken; chat not working etc. etc.

I can see that https is back on the landing page but it was clearly variable between sessions even with caches cleared.

It seems to me reading around that MP and HB are very difficult to configure together. Strange, as I have been using this arrangement for months now.

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

Actually MarketPress is a very big plugin and it loads lots of assets and some of them might be better unminified or combined. To use both MP and HB together, can you please disable minification for all MP assets and then turn minification one by one and check at which point, something breaks? Skip that file and continue with next files. In this way, you can find the most optimum minification setup for your site.

I believe all good under the hood now. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.