MP Shipping option to Store Pickup Only per product? Found a work but not with variations

We found that MP has very VERY limited shipping options.

Our customer has sacrificed so much but this they cannot. They Need to be able to have a pickup at store on some products but not others. We thought we could do this by making products digital products, but the products with Variations will not allow us to make it digital.

How can we fix this? Or do we just need to go to WooCommerce?

Mike

• Nithin

Hi MSAMike,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm afraid there isn't any out of the box settings available in the plugin to make use of pickup for particular products, this would require custom coding. I'm pinging the developer, to check whether there is any quick workaround.

Would recommend you to check our Jobs & Pros section, in order to get this done custom developed according to your needs much faster.

Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you posted.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• MSAMike

Nithin
    Thank you for reply. This is disappointing. Seems that this has been a critical request going back many years. My searches in your support blog shows users requesting similar back in 2011. I fear that I have steered by client in the wrong direction with this ecommerce solution. I hope there's something soon but really we're launching and have no more time to continue to ask for what seems to be difficult for market pressed to keep up with even the worst e-commerce comparisons

• Nithin

Hi MSAMike,

Sorry to know that you aren't able to make full use of the available settings, could I get a bit more info on how you want this to be implemented. You only want certain products to have a pickup option, rest not. So, what happens when a specific product needs to be picked from the store? Could the other products in the cart be combined, along with it? Suppose Product A with pickup option, and Product B doesn't have pickup, could they be purchased together in your use case?

Please do fill up us with more info, so that the developer could check whether he could implement any quick workaround. Please let us know, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• MSAMike

Nithin
    Correct, we need each product to be able to have unique shipping, delivery or In-Store pickup options. Correct if product A can be shippped and product B is In-Store pickup only, they need to be ordered together in the same cart/order.

As I mentioned I figured out a nice work around however that is using the classification of digital product. However, Marketpress does not allow for products with variable options to be a digital product.

So the developer can do one of two things fairly easily I'm guessing.

1. Can allow for in-store pick up shipping option to be combined with table rate and other shipping options which has been requested since 2011 for your support logs.

2. The developer can allow digital products to have variations. This I believe would be the easiest edit for them.?

I'm sure there are better ways to accomplish this by for speed I see these as good options

Mike

• Nithin

Hi MSAMike,

is there a quick way to eliminate the Download link on the order status page for digital items?

You could try it with some custom CSS, please try the following CSS, and check whether it works fine:

.mp_cart_item_content-title > a {
    	display: none;
    }

I tested this in my system, and it seems to work fine in removing the download link from the order status page. You can add the above CSS code, either using a Child theme, or a plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

I haven't' got an update from the developer whether store pickup per product is possible, will keep you posted asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Panos

Hi MSAMike ,

Only reason I can think of this feature not included is it's not popular enough.

However I hope the following workaround would work for you. I have attached a mu-plugin and a modified file for table rates. Just a note, I have tested this only with Table Rates.

So, you can download the files attached and upload file wmudev-mp-custom-pickup.php and upload it to your mu-plugins folder. This adds a new sub-menu at the Store Settings menu where you can insert some description/instructions regarding the pickup.

This also adds a new metabox in each product which contains a checkbox to select if this product needs to be picked up and a text-area where you can add any kind of description specific for this product's pickup (can't think of a reason for this field to exist, so if you also don't need it you can ask me to remove it).

When the cart contains only pick-up products, it hides the shipping fields on checkout.

Second file I have attached is
    wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/shipping-modules/mp-table-rate.php
    and you need to replace the original one.

This file will take care of not adding shipping if product is to be picked up. This affects only Table Rate shipping method.

Please let me know how this works for you or if you are using different shipping method!

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Panos

Hi Mike!

Sorry to hear that!

Could you please first upload file wmudev-mp-custom-pickup.php on your mu-plugins folder and check if it's that one breaking the site?

If not then you need to replace file mp-table-rate.php. In case you want to keep a backup of the previous file, you can download it to your desktop. In case you are keeping it renamed in the same folder, make sure you also rename the file's extension from ".php" to anything else really, it could be ".txt" or ".p__hp".

This is because MarketPress will include all .php files from that folder and these 2 files have the same class name which will through a php error.

Please let me know if this helped. If you still have issues I would need ftp access, as providing support access does not give access to files. I would need ftp and wp-admin credentials. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Thanks!
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.