Mp3 Uploads not working via upfront, not showing from dashboard

Hello all,

I want to put an audio file on my page. Upfront/Scribe

I had done so before by going out of upfront to the…. dashboard (?)

and using this code [playlist ids="name-of-file"]

Add Media via upfront uploads a broken file- blank box for mp3 file, mp4a 19 m

Leaving Upfront and going to the Dashboard (what is that thing? The old, pre-upfront dashboard). Add media does work, file into Library.

Typed in the code, the audio player bar shows up, I get to edit name,caption etc.

But does not show up in Upfront or on the page.

Text view in Dashboard pic attached.

Updated page, no audio- pic

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Peter

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi peter,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested the [audio] shortcode in my website, and it seems to work fine.

You could also try embedding the audio shortcode using the text element, if you are still having issues, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• peter
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Good morning nithin ,

I have allowed access.

I looked at other pages with audio files– my memory is that when I put in the audio files I used their names– English word names. [playlist ids="scaffolding"]

Looking at the page now I see a number [playlist ids="466"]

Maybe I am forgetting about the numbers. I certainly don;’t know how to find the number.

ASIDE: Googling and Searching wpmudev Forum are pretty frustrating experiences- when you folks are ready for your next start-up ……..

The specific page is

http://www.believenglish.com/7-steps-to-success-read-along/

Audio file is the same name. BE7…..

Thank you for your help.

Peter

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi peter,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your page, and noticed that you have removed the default post content using Upfront editor, so what ever you add in the default WordPress editor, wouldn’t show in the page.

For eg: The above content as shown in the screenshot wouldn’t show in your page, as mentioned above. To get the path of your audio files, you just have to click the Add Media button, and just insert the audio file. You’ll get a shortcode when you select the text editor mode.

I have copied the above shortcode as seen in your screenshot, and have added it through the Upfront editor using the text element. Your page now seems to display the audio file.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• peter
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you Nithin

I thought I had done the add media clicking the first time around… and it didn’t…. but…

I’m glad you found and fixed the problem, thank you.

I’ll go back through your explanation and start educating myself.

Cheers, Peter

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.