[ms-membership-register-user] "loginlink="no" not working on shortcode

I can't seem to make the "loginlink="no" with the following shortcode:

[ms-membership-register-user membership_id="857" title="Sign up for your FREE Downloads" loginlink="no"] to work.

The form still shows "Already have a user account?" (see image) and I would like this removed.

Alternatively, one of the reasons why I want this link removed is that I don't mind this link going to the login form (see 2nd image) but the link to register at the bottom of the login form goes to another network that that isn't quite ready yet.

So I either need to 1) get rid of the "Register" link on the Login form presented with the "Already have a user account"? link or 2) get rid of the "Already have a user account?" generated by the above shortcode or 3) For this site only customize the "Register" link URL.

• Rupok

Hi archetypemkt ,

So sorry for the inconvenience. I could regenerate this on my test site too. So I'm confirming this as a bug and reporting to our developer right now. I believe, he will come up with a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

In the mean time, if you want to hide the login link from your registration page, you can do that with the following custom CSS Code:

#ms-shortcode-register-user-form .wpmui-link.alignleft {
      display: none;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• archetypemkt

That's great. Looking forward to the fix.

The CSS worked great on my registration form. Can you also provide me with the CSS code that would remove the display of the Register link on the Login form as well.

My forgot password link isn't working either. Not sure if there is something else I need to do to set that up but will do some more research.

I inadvertently attached a duplicate image in my initial post although you answered the question correctly.

• Rupok

Hi archetypemkt,

So you need to hide the "Register" link from the M2 Login page, right? This time, you will need to create a MU Plugin for doing this as that register link doesn't have any CSS class assigned to it. For creating a MU Plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Then inside that "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and with a .php extension. Now paste the code inside that file and save.

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_footer', 'hide_register_link_in_login_page' );
    function hide_register_link_in_login_page() {
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
          jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    		jQuery(function(){
    		    jQuery('.ms-membership-form-wrapper > a').toggle(!jQuery('.ms-login-form').length);
    		});
          });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

For getting more idea on mu plugins, you can go through this article: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

My forgot password link isn't working either. Not sure if there is something else I need to do to set that up but will do some more research.

I tried to regenerate the same issue on my test site but I could not. Forget password link is working for me and a password reset email is sent successfully when I enter my username. So I think, this is your site specific issue. What happens when you click on your password reset link? Does it take you to a new form where you can enter your email or username and then the email is not sent? Or clicking that link doesn't do anything? Can you please provide a link where we can see the issue live? Can you please check your browser console for any errors when you click that link? If yes, can you please copy those and paste here? Those will give us valuable insight regarding the issue.

Please let us know these details. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.