MU Network versus subsite wp-admin performance

Good morning,

I'm not sure if you are able to help me, but I've scoured the net in attempts to find a solution, but have been unsuccessful.

In our WordPress MU setup, the wp-admin backend has an acceptable speed for the individual subsites, however when in the network site, performance is laggy. While it seems fine for now, I worry that as our sites grow, performance will suffer over time.

I currently run the webserver as a dedicated box with the MySQL database running on a seperate machine. Neither seem to be bottlenecked in terms of CPU by any stretch. The web server is running Ngnix on PHP7 (after a little work).

Ideas of things I can look to? I've played with caching but of course this only affects unauthenticated users (the vast majority of traffic). I have played with memory limits etc.

I have granted support access.

• Rupok

Hi Mr. D,

Thanks for asking and granting Support Access. I logged in and measured loading time for your network Dashboard and two other subsite Dashboard. But loading time for all three was almost same. Please check attached screenshot for reference.

# Network Dashboard Loading Time:

# Subsite Dashboard Loading Time:

# Another Subsite Dashboard Loading Time:

So I don't think you network dashboard is being laggy. Am I missing something?

Can you please compare the loading time from a different internet network and check the result?

In my opinion, network dashboard load time should not vary much because all dashboards are using the same WordPress files and assets. So fetch time for those assets should be same for both your network dashboard and subsite dashboards.

Please let us know the result after trying from a different network. If you can regenerate this issue on every network, can you please provide screenshots of load time so we can try to understand what's going on there?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok