mu-plugins directory issue

Hi Guys,
I am currently converting my site to a multisite, and have completed the directions as per your guide.
The only issue I seem to have now is that my plugins are not showing in my main website dashboard, even though I have network activated them, in network admin,
I have created the mu-plugins directory, and have updated the permissions, logged out of admin and logged back in again,
Am I missing something, and have something further to do,

Thanks in advance Andrew

P.S. my plugins are appearing on my main website http://www.carcaremagazine.com but in my main site admin area it is showing as no plugins installed.???

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Network Activated plugins go into the normal /plugins/ folder and then get activated from the Network Admin area.

/mu-plugins/ stands for Must Use and any plugins there are automatically used so won't show in the normal network or site admin area except under the "Must Use" area of the network admin. Screen attached.

They only go in /mu-plugins/ if specifically stated.

If you have any further questions then please let me know.

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings maurands,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• maurands
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi guys,

Got this issue sorted thanks, although having a real problem getting my Multisite to work properly with bluehost as it was originally installed as an addon domain,

I am now transferring the hosting of this site to tsohost.co.uk

Proving a real pain, wish I had set up as a Multisite at the beginning

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.