mu-plugins folder – do we need this if we're in PLESK?

I tried creating an mu-plugins folder as stated in instructions for one of the plugins I was adding to my site and the plugin seemed to have a problem working. Not sure if it had to do with this setup. Many of the answers to questions in the forums assume everyone is using CPanel but this is obviously not the case. Perhaps we could set up a specific category(ies) to help Plesk users understand it’s idiosyncrasies better?

Thanks!

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

I don’t know much about Plesk (just a member here), but the mu-plugins folder would be part of the file structure that I am not sure has anything to do with whether you are using cpanel or Plesk. What kind of issues are you experiencing?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Plesk is only an interface to your hosting package, as is cPanel. It allows you a GUI to manage and control certain aspects of your hosting, like email accounts, or ftp accounts.

the mu-plugins (Must Use) directory was more to do with WordPress MU originally this will make a plugin active on all websites by default (no admin required). Nothing to do with Plesk or cPanel.

It might help if you elaborate on the actual issue you are having along with any errors or such?

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I don’t even use a cpanel, plesk or any other control panel. I do everything over ssh (novice learner). Saves on system resources. So as everyone has mentioned, it has nothing to do with the type of control panel software you use. And I’m with barry – set up and use the ftp client to upload/create folders works best.

Jonathan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.