MU set up ,EC2 ,Multi-Domain not working probably

Hello There,
After lots of efforts and setting up Wordpress in EC2,AWS and following all the steps including permission issue I have a this problem.

I have installed Multi-site AKA multi domain as auto install and when I'm adding a new site (whose domain is pointed to the static AKA elastic ip address) instead of opening like mysite2.com/wp-admin for log in it goes back to the main site i.e mysite1.com and I am wondering should I create a mu-plugin and install the multi-domain in there or is there any thing else I'd have to do ?
Many thanks in advance.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Harry,

Thanks for your post.

Can you kindly check if your multisite is working fine in the first place ?

Disable all plugins, create a subsite and check if you are able to view that.

Multi domains is used to add multiple domains for users to choose from when they create a subsite.

Also, did you follow the instructions while installing and configuring the plugin ? Here they are : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains/#usage

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Harry
    • Flash Drive

Hi ,
    Thank you for your reply .
    I checked the installation guide well and this is a fresh install ,there are only couple of plugins ... as Haven't still gone past the sub-site stage .

I have then tried creating a subsite e.g mymainsite.com/test site
    and although it shows site created but I get an 404 error when try to log in to the dashboard as same super user.as per I remember the directory was set to AllowOverride All but will check it again.

• Harry
    • Flash Drive

Hi here's the snapshot ..please let me know what else can be wrong here since still getting a Not Found

The requested URL /test/wp-admin/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.6 (Ubuntu) Server at mysite.com Port 80

• Harry
    • Flash Drive

Hi , I think it could be the problem with the htaccess .
    I just downloaded the htaccess and you can see the comparison between the one backed up at install ,do I need to copy anything to the new htaccess ? Please help

• Harry
    • Flash Drive

Hi ,
    I have been able to set up sites under the mymaindomain,com/.1;mymaindomain.com/2 and so on

But I'm unable to use the Multisite plugin to create my2nddomain.com ./1 as upon clicking dashboard on creation it comes back to mymaindomain,com

Can I please have some advise .
    Thanks

• Harry
    • Flash Drive

Hello Guys,
    Well I guess your silence helped me explore and eventually find out that your latest version of the MULTI-DOMAIN is buggy since I have gone ahead and deleted this one and installed a older version I had which seems to work like a charm.
    Thanks

• Eugene Manuilov
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Harry

Sorry for delay, I have been very busy with else stuff and was not able to look at it earlier.

From what I see it looks like the issue is in MultiViews setting of your apache config. So, please, try to remove it and it should work fine.

If you want, I can take a look at your site and make Multi-Domains plugin working. If so, then please send me credentials to your admin dashboard and FTP (or SSH) on "contact[at]wpmudev[dot]org" with subject "ATTN: Eugene". I will pick it up and look at your site.

Regards,
    Eugene

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @Harry

Sorry for missing your thread in my feed and I could not reach to it any earlier.

Thanks for chiming in with the help Eugene.

Kindly send the details to Eugene as requested if it does not work after removing the MultiViews setting in the apache config.

Cheers, PC

• Harry
    • Flash Drive

Hello Eugene & PC ,
    Thanks for the input , as I have mentioned above at the last message

I have gone ahead and deleted this one and installed a older version I had which seems to work like a charm.

The apache config was okay as although the main problem prior to I dig in myself to sort it was that it wasn't reading the .htaccess so I had to address that within the default file by AccessFileName .htaccess but again I was going around the circles even after sorting out the main challenge as the auto installed latest version of multi-domain was resulting going back to main domain instead of the new site ,e.g mysite.com/test/wp-admin..so once I deleted the plugin and installed the previous version it worked like a charm.. can you please address this and look in to it as I have opened a thread here with a possible bug issue https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-multi-domains-ver-131-has-bug

Please also an added note the support could have been timely and better :wink:

Cheers!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Harry,

Thanks for posting back and providing more information and creating a separate ticket which has already been sent to @Eugene Manuilov attention and is being looked into.

I totally agree that the delay should not have been here. Please accept my apologies for the delay, I was not keeping well and was not in full force for quite sometime.

However I am back in action to take care of things and follow up on them :slight_smile:

Eugene would be on the other thread soon !

Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.