Multi Databases on Shared Hosting

Trying to use the multi database plugin.
Conditions:
Godaddy shared hosting
One database (limited to 1,000 tables currently at 6K+ tables)
Multisite envirenment.
--------------------------------------------
The instructions are good for this plug in BUT if you are on a shared hosting plan as I am your instructions seem to be vague as far as next steps...IE creating additional DBs one by one in control panel...... I just need clarification for completion in my situation.

Are all the steps in this setup common to my situation?
Please advise...

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @jmurphy444

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

As your on shared hosting (I've never personally used Godaddy), in your control panel you will want to name that DB with the same naming structure you already have, assign that DB a username and a password, now the problem will be is if you don't have write permissions on all DB's when you get to move-blogs.php as that script will need one overall login to all databases, I'm not 100% sure if this can be done on Godaddy hosting.

One thing, I would point out about installing Multi-DB on shared hosting is, that to be 100% it's not particularly needed, as more than likely your DB's will be limited in overall size, normally to 1GB, and as multi-DB content doesn't actually spread equally across your DB's if that makes sense? And by the time you would need multi-db, shared hosting wouldn't be able to cope with the pressure of your site and the traffic/server demand.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.