Multi-DB

Can I assign a specific set of new websites to a second DB, or will the plugin automatically spread out the sites? I am rebuilding a set of new sites and I wanted them in the new DB, rather than just spreading the love across. Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @webmonkee

I hope you are well today.

You could assign it a VIP database, I have pasted a note from the usage instructions below

A note about VIP databases: These allow you to place a blog in a specific database. Unless you have a blog/site that gets a ton of traffic and you want to put it on another physical server for performance reasons, then it’s not really worth it to bother with that feature. Again, the vast majority of installs do not need to use VIP blogs, so skip over it unless you are sure you need to use this feature. Each VIP blog/site will need it’s own database which is why you’d use vip1, vip2, etc. You’ll use the add_vip_blog() function in db-config.php to move specific blogs to these databases.

You can find the usage instructions here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db/#usage

Please let me know if you need any more help, I'm happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.