Multi-DB - Domain Databases Not Showing in MySQL? Can't attach Usernames and Passwords to each

Hey there, following through the instructions for setting up Multi-DB's (there wasn't an option for Multi-DB in the product selection??? so had to put it in WMPU DEV - maybe a general help product help would be a good category to add?)

Managed to run the SQL to create all 256 dbs (the number I've opted for, ever the optimist!). But they aren't showing up in the MySQL part now to assign user to, as per instruction. Only my main db's are showing.

Now I know they are there as I tried to create one manually afterwards and it flagged that the database couldnt be created as it already existing, they're just invisible for some reason! or hiding.

Unsure why this is the case. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Getting there slowly but surely.

Thanks in advance. L

• Vaughan

hi @Liam Twose

thanks for posting.

Can I ask you to doublecheck the usage instructions again, go over them slowly to see if you missed a step?

for instance:

"There is one other table you’ll need to create (2 if you intend to provide a VIP database). To create these tables you’ll just want to copy one of the lines generated from the database tool and use the same root database name with additional tags of “global” (and vip1, vip2, etc if needed). So you’re final output for this line will look something like this:

CREATE DATABASE dbname_global DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

A note about VIP databases: These allow you to place a blog in a specific database. Unless you have a blog/site that gets a ton of traffic and you want to put it on another physical server for performance reasons, then it’s not really worth it to bother with that feature. Again, the vast majority of installs do not need to use VIP blogs, so skip over it unless you are sure you need to use this feature. Each VIP blog/site will need it’s own database which is why you’d use vip1, vip2, etc. You’ll use the add_vip_blog() function in db-config.php to move specific blogs to these databases.

Now, you need to create the databases either via command line (hardcore) or through phpMyAdmin. Log into your server and if you’re using phpMyAdmin you’ll enter the instructions generated above here:"

sorry, longwinded I know. but it's worth reading it several times.

hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.