Multi-DB Giving me an error when activating the plugin.

Hi all,
I am trying to get multi-db up and running. Since this is my first rodeo I am just trying the 16db setting. I created all of my databases (shared server) and am trying to follow directions.
The usage guide says "Step 3: db-config.php" well after looking at some other threads I see that that file is supposed to be in the root of wp-content. Which in my case it is not. So I thought maybe that is a file that is generated when the plugin is ran. So I installed the plugin and activated it only to find the following error:

To allow use of this page to automatically repair database encoding problems and other commeon DB problems, please add the following line to your wp-config.php file. Once this line is added to your config, reload this page.
define('WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true);

So I made the change only to find this error on the next page:

WordPress can automatically look for some common database problems and repair them. Repairing can take a while, so please be patient.

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_create_nonce() in /home/shane/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1162 Call Stack #TimeMemoryFunctionLocation 10.000494360{main}( )../plugins.php:0 20.0006107216require_once( '/home/shane/public_html/wp-admin/network/admin.php' )../plugins.php:11 30.0015224912require_once( '/home/shane/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php' )../admin.php:13 40.0018254104require_once( '/home/shane/public_html/wp-load.php' )../admin.php:30 50.0021279864require_once( '/home/shane/public_html/wp-config.php' )../wp-load.php:29 60.0031412200require_once( '/home/shane/public_html/wp-settings.php' )../wp-config.php:100 70.161824771848include_once( '/home/shane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php' )../wp-settings.php:166 80.164524749208wp_nonce_url( )../fix-db-encoding.php:130

So I reverted the change back. I have these errors unless I uninstall the plugin:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php:19) in /home/shane/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 568

and

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php:19) in /home/shane/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 569

Where did I go wrong?

• jeff@thecodingpit.com

Ok, well. I want to thank you again for clarifying the process a bit for me.

I was able to modify the php files and upload to the correct places. I put the db.php and the db-config.php(modified) into the wp-content folder. I then created the wp-content/scripts directory and moved the modified move-blogs.php into that.

I browsed to the move-blogs.php file checked everything and clicked the link on step 4. I refreshed the page and now everything is in green in status ("table in new db").

So I went to my site http://www.commublogs.com and refreshed and got a ton of errors coming from db.php file.

So, I deleted that file from its place and everything works except it seems that all new sites are going into the same database.

Kinda confused at this point, again. Thanks for any more help.

• aecnu

Greetings jeff@thecodingpit.com,

You had mentioned in your post before last about the usage guide, and yes sir it explains this in Step 5: Uploading the Files

Forward --> I believe you mentioned in your last post that you deleted the db.php file from your WordPress installation and things started working again.

If this is indeed the case then it is certain that your Multi DB is not working in which I am willing to take a look at but first need to know if indeed you are setting up a 16 Multi DB or?

The reason why I ask is that I can do 16 DB's under the umbrella of WPMU DEV but higher then that i.e. 256 etc. is an hourly sub contracted rate at $80 an hour.

If it is 16 DB I can/will build it from ground up if need be.

Who are you hosting with? - Scratch that I already figured it out/ran a trace - Softlayer - just making sure it was not WP Engine or our efforts would be futile since Multi DB does not work on their configuration (WP Engines)

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Thank you for letting me know and the level of service you are requesting is above and beyond what WPMU DEV will cover i.e. skype or goto meeting

Realize that I am not a WPMU DEV employee but an independent contractor hired to work the forums with Carte Blanche access to the forums with the obvious confidence of the management that had observed my work prior to hiring my company in February 2012 and I have been rocking the forums ever since.

Therefore for me to setup a 16DB I will need the applicable access to the cPanel and FTP to get the job done which information shoudl be sent to my WPMU DEV email address aecnu (at) incsub.com

Otherwise if you want walk through on the $80 an hour clock let me know just the same and then you can indeed choose Skype or other communication means that are common to both of us.

I must confess though that setting this up, there is no magic or hidden tricks, it is just paying attention to every little detail that has made me so successful in setting these up many times regardless of the amount of DB's themselves.

Another option is to hire @Mark De Scande who can also set these up, is lower cost, I have seen his work - he hosts with my company and he is very good at setting these Multi DB's up as well.

Just let me know and have a GREAT weekend.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.