Multi-DB Giving me an error when activating the plugin.

Hi all,

I am trying to get multi-db up and running. Since this is my first rodeo I am just trying the 16db setting. I created all of my databases (shared server) and am trying to follow directions.

The usage guide says “Step 3: db-config.php” well after looking at some other threads I see that that file is supposed to be in the root of wp-content. Which in my case it is not. So I thought maybe that is a file that is generated when the plugin is ran. So I installed the plugin and activated it only to find the following error:

To allow use of this page to automatically repair database encoding problems and other commeon DB problems, please add the following line to your wp-config.php file. Once this line is added to your config, reload this page.

define(‘WP_ALLOW_REPAIR’, true);

So I made the change only to find this error on the next page:

WordPress can automatically look for some common database problems and repair them. Repairing can take a while, so please be patient.

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_create_nonce() in /home/shane/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1162 Call Stack #TimeMemoryFunctionLocation 10.000494360{main}( )../plugins.php:0 20.0006107216require_once( ‘/home/shane/public_html/wp-admin/network/admin.php’ )../plugins.php:11 30.0015224912require_once( ‘/home/shane/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php’ )../admin.php:13 40.0018254104require_once( ‘/home/shane/public_html/wp-load.php’ )../admin.php:30 50.0021279864require_once( ‘/home/shane/public_html/wp-config.php’ )../wp-load.php:29 60.0031412200require_once( ‘/home/shane/public_html/wp-settings.php’ )../wp-config.php:100 70.161824771848include_once( ‘/home/shane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php’ )../wp-settings.php:166 80.164524749208wp_nonce_url( )../fix-db-encoding.php:130

So I reverted the change back. I have these errors unless I uninstall the plugin:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/shane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php:19) in /home/shane/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 568

and

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/shane/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php:19) in /home/shane/public_html/wp-includes/option.php on line 569

Where did I go wrong?