Multi DB Help Needed Please

Can you please advise what I have done wrong with setup of Multi DB plugins for Wordpress MU. So happens this is the only plugin not on your support list so I selected the dashboard instead. But your instructions say you offer support for Multi DB.

I use MediaTemple Grid and create all 16 db's manually, then went in and assigned same username and pass to them. I followed your instructions to a "T" and seem to be getting the following error. Please advise

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /nfs/c10/h03/mnt/151144/domains/gridwp.com/html/wp-content/db.php on line 705
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /nfs/c10/h03/mnt/151144/domains/gridwp.com/html/wp-content/db.php on line 705
Can’t select database
We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the db151144_gridwp_global database.
Are you sure it exists?
Does the user 1clk_wp_ngZhmOe have permission to use the db151144_gridwp_global database?
On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_db151144_gridwp_global. Could that be the problem?
If you don't know how to set up a database you should contact your host. If all else fails you may find help at the WordPress Support Forums.