Multi-Db install problems

I’ve managed to get quite a ways on the install process before I came to a problem I couldn’t solve. I’m down to the move-blogs.php step from the directions in sticky above.

I’ve done a fresh install of wpmu 2.9.1 with buddypress 1.1.3 and bbpress 1.02 every thing was working great so then I started on installing multi-db 2.9 I’m on a shared server using webhost manager and cpanel. I wasn’t sure I’d be able to install multi-db but gave it a try. I was able to install 4096 databases. I had to break up the sql file in smaller sections so it would fit into the size limits. I double checked after installing all databases are there and they are. I also checked cpanel main page and it shows 4097 databases I was feeling good about what I achieved. I’m running this on a test domain.

I then tried to run move-blogs.php and keep getting a 500 server error. I’m sure it has to do with config of either move-blogs.php or db-config.php I’m not sure which and need some help.

Here is db-config file down to the first of 4096 databases. I’m sure you don’t want 4095 more lines

This worked to build databases along with the sql file

// Version: 2.9.0

//

//

//—DB Scaling

//

//

//

// 16,256,4096

define (‘DB_SCALING’, ‘4096’:wink:;

//

//

//—DC IPs

//

//

//

// Usage: add_dc_ip(IP, DC)

// EX: add_dc_ip(‘123.123.123.’, ‘dc1’:wink:;

add_dc_ip(‘174.121.10.’, ‘dc1’:wink:;

//

//

//—Global Tables

//

//

//

// Do not include default global tables

// Leave off base prefix (eg: wp_)

//

// Usage: add_global_table(TABLE_NAME)

// EX: add_global_table(‘something’:wink:;

add_global_table(‘_wpmu’:wink:;

//

//

//—DB Servers

//

//

//

// Database servers grouped by dataset.

// R can be 0 (no reads) or a positive integer indicating the order

// in which to attempt communication (all locals, then all remotes)

//

// Usage: add_db_server(DS, DC, READ, WRITE, HOST, LAN_HOST, NAME, USER, PASS)

// EX: add_db_server(‘global’, ‘dc1′, 1, 1,’global.mysql.example.com:3509′,’global.mysql.example.lan:3509’, ‘global-db’, ‘globaluser’, ‘globalpassword’:wink:;

//

// Note: you can also place this section in a file called db-list.php in wp-content

// EX: add_db_server(‘global’, ‘dc1′, 1, 1,’global.mysql.example.com:3509′,’global.mysql.example.lan:3509’, ‘global-db’, ‘globaluser’, ‘globalpassword’:wink:;

add_db_server(‘000’, ‘dc1′, 1, 1,’localhost’,’localhost’, ‘dapnet_wpmu_000’, ‘wpmu’, ‘xxxxxxxx’:wink:;

below is the area that needs configured on the move-blogs.php

///DB Settings

$dbname = “dapnet_wpmu”; //This is your current database

$blog_table_prefix = ‘wp_’; //Prefix of your wpmu blog tables, most likely this won’t need to be changed

$newdb_prefix = ‘dapnet_wpmu_’; //This is the prefix of the db’s you’re moving your tables into – we assume they are all the same, if not, you’re in trouble

//We need info to connect to the databases

$dbhost = ‘localhost’;

$dbuname = ‘dapnet_wpmu’;

$dbpass = ‘xxxxxxx’;

//How many db’s are you moving into (16, 256, or 4096)?

$db_scaling = ‘4096’;

//

//

?>

I tried a dozen different configuration and none worked. I’m hoping the next one, with some help, will.

Please look over the above configuration and let me know what is wrong, Thank You!