multi db installtion error . Showing access denied

Its showing
"Houston, we have a problem!
Looks like you need to create your new db's! If you're lucky, this link still works - click me
Database Error: Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' to database 'username_global' "

1)when i extracted multi-db plugin i did not get a db-config.php file . I just edited db-config-sample-256.php and renamed it
2) Should i add any user and password to all databases i created before i upload? If yes how can I ?
3) In step 3 at line 16 should i use my actual server ip or just 127.0.0.1 ?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fyrumunna,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Multi-DB plugin

Database Error: Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' to database 'username_global' "

This error is an indication that the globals table was possibly not created and if it is indeed created that the user name and password and/or permissions have not been allocated correctly.

Please check this specific detail.

1)when i extracted multi-db plugin i did not get a db-config.php file . I just edited db-config-sample-256.php and renamed it

That works for me - great plan.

2) Should i add any user and password to all databases i created before i upload?

Each and every database should have a user and password permission-ed and attached to the database for all events i.e. read, write, create etc.

3) In step 3 at line 16 should i use my actual server ip or just 127.0.0.1 ?

Use localhost unless the database is a remote server - then use the MySQL server IP.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fyrumunna,

This should be able to be done through your hosting control panel that when you create the user and/or you should be able to adjust the users permissions for that database.

What is the name of the hosting control panel you are using?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fyrumunna,

Thank you for the input and indeed cPanel is the easiest to add the databases and the users to the databases to include their applicable permissions.

In cPanel it includes videos on how to create and manage databases to include the permissioning of users.

Here cPanel offers specific instructions on delaing with databases and their user with permissions:

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/MySQLDatabases

Let us know how it goes and look forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.