Multi- DB - Please Help checking if configuration is correct - Cpanel users

Please, any help , really appreciated. Im using Cpanel. thank u very much.

• wp.network

Hey @Valeria

1) I just wanted to mention awesome job that even though some of your pass data can still be seen, this file is a way better public post than the last :wink:

2) I want to double check with you that you have only used the first three 'quadrants' or sets of numbers from your IP in the 'DC IPs' section. You grayed out the whole thing so I can't tell. (If your real IP was 123.123.123.123 you would use 123.123.123. in this space instead - and notice that it ends in a period)

3) In the 'Global Tables' section, remove the line that reads
    add_global_table('nameless_wrdp2_global');

This should not be there at all.

@Aaron informs that this section is largely automatically managed now and needs little/no user intervention.

4) Regarding the error you are getting with move-blogs: are you 110% sure that a) all the databases were created successfully and b) that the nameless_wrdp2 user has full permissions for the nameless_wrdp2_c8 database? (the 'MySQL Databases' icon in cpanel should show you a list of databases associated with their users, and you can reset the user permissions as well)

I got a similar error the first time I ran move-blogs. It seems to me that you just have one database user, correct? I have no idea if that could be an issue, only that I did things differently.

In my setup, I have two database users as a result of first setting up a regular WP site, then going multisite, then I do Domain Mapping and Multi-Domains, and only then then I do Multi-DB.

For my original db I just called it MYDBNAME_single and it has its own user, MYDBUSER1. I then created the 257 new databases (btw, called MYDBNAME_global and MYBDNAME_##), and a new user to control them all, MYDBUSER2. The first time around, this is where I got the error in running the move-db script.

You can see my db-config file pictured below.

My fix was to add MYDBUSER1 to all the new databases with full permissions. That gave MYDBUSER1 with full access to all 258 databases, and MYDBUSER2 full access to the 257 new databases. That did the trick for me.

Cheers,
    Max

• wp.network

Hey @Valeria

Hope things work out this time :slight_smile:

Just a note:

In my setup, I have two database users as a result of first setting up a regular WP site, then going multisite, then I do Domain Mapping and Multi-Domains, and only then then I do Multi-DB.

a) To be sure: Don't feel you need to use Domain Mapping & Multi-Domains just because I mention them. Multi-DB doesn't need them; I do want to use them, and setting them up first just made sense to me, not sure thats best practice, and also
    b) I'm not positive that Domain Mapping should be setup before Multi-Domains; this is just my intuition as well.

I setup (and tested) a single install with a single database and then setup (and tested) multisite as though that was my only aim.

Only once that was done did I 'decide' to upgrade to using Multi-DB as this seemed like the scenario that the plugin was built to anticipate.

Aloha,
    Max

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.