Multi-DB seriously does this plugin work?

Purchased 2014/12/08 GOLD Membership as I need to setup for our webapplication MULTI-DB as recommended from hosting provider to avoid slowing down other user of this shared webserver.

Service provider deleted existing website to enable me to setup a brandnew Wordpress and database application. As a first step and I tried to install according instructions Multi-DB by myself but I failed havily, obviously I am a beginner... with very limited technical know how.

Next I hired via fiverr several php and mysql professional, meanwhile spent indeed a fortune just to get Multi-DB installed properly. However not one of the hired professional were able to get this plugin running... now the things goes more worse. I even can access my subdomains anymore, error message server not found.

Okay, based on this background I viewed and compared content of the following files on the server...

wp-config/plugin/multi-db/dp-config.php... all settings seems to be 100% correct (not a single dot is different to the recommended instructions!)

wp-config/plugin/multi-db/dp.php... all settings seems to be 100% correct (not a single dot is different to the recommended instructions!)

wp-config/plugin/multi-db/move-blogs.php... all settings seems to be 100% correct (not a single dot is different to the recommended instructions!)

Next: uploading dp-config.php and dp.php to wp-config
uploading move-blogs.php to wp-config/scripts

RESULT any access to the website is impossible... no error message appears.

Alternatively
NOT uploading dp-config.php, dp.php and move-blogs.php just let those file be within wp-config/plugin/multi-db/ file gives access to my website (mainpage only!!!) but sub.domains are not found on the server. On-top of that, NETWORK Admin includes all sites, it is possible too to setup new sites but only two thirds are listed...

Please help me out. Can you view with your professional eyes and experiences first the content of all three files... perhaps you see were the problem might be? Please can you give me an idea why after uploading those files as described above make any access to the website impossible?

I do really appreciate your help... I am incredible frustrated that even hired professionals aren't able to get multi-db installed and connected that I can setup my website once again.

Many thanks upfront
looking forward hearing from you soon.
Prinz

• Ash

Hello @Prinz

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Well, I am not sure if you have got skilled professional from fiverr, you should have hired from oDesk or Elance. Skilled programmers do not work in fiverr.

Also, you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

We can take a look though if you provide us admin login, ftp login, cpanel login and database access.

To send us details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Jose

Hi there @Prinz,

I logged into your site and fixed several things. Everything is working as expected now. :slight_smile:

Your site is now running in a multi-db environment. I already moved the blog tables, so you don't need to do anything else.

I even can access my subdomains anymore, error message server not found.

This is not related to multi-db plugin at all.
    In order for multisite subdomian to work in bluehost, you need to create a wildcard subdomain by using * as the subdomain name, and pointing it to the main site folder.
    It is really weird that it worked before without the wildcard. I guess it was removed by the developers that you hired.

Please can you give me an idea why after uploading those files as described above make any access to the website impossible?

The site wasn't loading because your db-config.php file was causing a fatal error. It was calling an undefinded function 'add_server' instead of the expected 'add_db_server'.

This:
    add_server('00', 'dc1', 1, 1,'','69.195.124.174', 'bestofv2_00', 'bestofv2_usrbha', 'WackyWollies/2014-12-08.,');
    Should be this:
    add_db_server('00', 'dc1', 1, 1,'','127.0.0.1', 'bestofv2_00', 'bestofv2_usrbha', 'WackyWollies/2014-12-08.,');

Note also that the server IP is 127.0.0.1 instead of '69.195.124.174'. I'm not sure where you get that IP from, but it is not necessary in this case.
    Your DB server is running in the same server as your site, so you only need to point to the localhost or the equivalent IP 127.0.0.1.
    You should use the public IP only when your data center servers ar running in a different server from your site (remote server).

There was also an issue with missing data bases. I created those and assigned the right permissions.

Next I hired via fiverr several php and mysql professional, meanwhile spent indeed a fortune just to get Multi-DB installed properly.

I'm really sorry to hear it.
    In the future you should always reach us first if you are having issues with one of our plugins.
    We are here to help, and we will assist you with any issue related to built-in features, and even a bit more :wink:

If your request requires to hire an external developer, we will let you know.

Please let us know if you find any remaining issue with the plugin.

Cheers,
    Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.