Multi-DB Upgrade Strategy When a new WP version comes out

Hi Guys,

As I am about to go live with my prod environment running WPMU 3.1.1 and Multi-DB (both just finalized today), I am beginning to wonder if there is a strategy that you recommend for moving between WP versions and related MultiDB plugins?

ie. When WP 3.2 comes out, should my strategy be to wait for a green light from you to upgrade?

Then my follow on: is there a Multi-DB upgrade process when upgrading to a new version of WP? Can you give me a link to the process for reference?